Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Exfoliator Review: m-61 Supersoothe E Microdermabrasion Scrub

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the m-61 Supersoothe E Microdermabrasion

AvailabilityThis is exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations (only Macy's with a bluemercury inside the location). The retail pricing is $44 for 75 ml (2.5 fl. oz.)

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This 1-minute microdermabrasion scrub and mask gently cleanses, exfoliates and polishes away dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother skin, without the harshness associated with chemical peels. Kaolin clay gently cleanses pores, while antioxidant vitamin E, seaweed and aloe hydrates and helps to soothe.
BENEFITS
• Creates soft, smooth skin.
• Gently cleanses skin.
• Exfoliates and polishes away dead skin cells.
• Improves skin texture and clarity.
• Helps to reduce pore size.
• Helps to soothe the skin.
• Perfect as a treatment for sensitive, dull or acne-prone skin.
Gluten-free & vegan.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
Synthetic fragrance-free.
Sulfate-free.
Free of synthetic dyes.
No animal testing.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
White kaolin clay helps to decongest pores, absorb excess oil and prevent blemishes from forming.
Natural pumice gently cleanses, softens and smooths the skin.
Antioxidant vitamin E, aloe and licorice root help to soothe, hydrate and nourish the skin.
A unique blend of seaweed and golden berry helps to promote moisture retention.

What is the texture like?
This has a cream texture with somewhat sharp "beads" spread throughout it.

Is this scented?
This has one of those weird "unscented" scent - I think I'm smelling the Vitamin E in here. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
The main reason I wouldn't purchase this is because I felt like although it's marketed as this super gentle product it was a bit too aggressive for my skin. I think I'm just so used to either using a sugar scrub that dissolves as it sits on my face or chemical scrubs that physical scrubs just feel to harsh.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a sample at my workplace, I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment