Monday, November 11, 2019

Serum Review: m-61 JetGlow Serum

m-61 JetGlow Serum




AvailabilityThis is exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations (only Macy's with a bluemercury inside the location). The retail pricing is $82 for 30 ml (1 oz.)

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This retexturizing and brightening anti-wrinkle serum helps to improve skin's clarity, tone and radiance. Quadruple-action peptides and glycolic acid help reduce the appearance of fine lines, while red seaweed & goji berry promote firming and increased skin elasticity.
BENEFITS
• Helps to improve skin's texture and tone.
• Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
• Aids in improving skin's elasticity.
• Retexturizing and brightening.
• Fast-absorbing, lightweight formula.
Gluten-free.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
Synthetic fragrance-free.
Sulfate-free.
Free of synthetic dyes.
No animal testing.


Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
A proprietary anti-aging blend of peptides and glycolic acid absorbs into the skin to help relax fine lines and wrinkles while working to improve skin's texture.
Red seaweed works to promote skin firming while soothing and nourishing the skin
Powerful antioxidant goji berry provides natural vitamins C, E and lycopene, working to promote increased skin elasticity while calming and protecting the skin from environmental stressors.
Lycopene helps to improve elasticity while protecting the skin from environmental stressors.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, watery texture.

Is this scented?
This doesn't really have much of a scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
The main reason I wouldn't purchase this again is because I don't currently have major aging concerns at this time. I will say that I really appreciate that whatever glycolic acid is used in this serum doesn't cause me to break out or cause my skin irritation the way that other products I've used with glycolic in them did. Nor did it dry out my skin - although I used it mixed with face oil so that could've been a factor. What I've realized is that, unfortunately, the pricier glycolic acids tend to be gentler on my skin versus ones that can be acquired for a lower price. This did give my skin a nice radiance and smooth texture.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a sample at my workplace, I am not obligated or being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment