Saturday, November 2, 2019

October 2019 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of October :) 

1. ColourPop Strawberry Shake Palette: So I know it may be strange to see a pink eyeshadow palette pop up in my favorites because, if you follow this blog for any length of time, you know that my wearing of pinks and reds is seldom and nearly nonexistent. That said, my bestie just kind of talked me into getting more into pinks and reds; and one of my coworkers keeps saying how they bring out the green in my eyes (hello there hint of hazel!) that I kind of gave in - when my wife asked what I wanted for my birthday I told her I was eyeing this. Now what I love about this palette is that, although it's monochromatic - it's very versatile. I adored both Woke and Paper Straw as transitional shades in the crease - they gave a beautiful blended out depth but weren't your typical warm brown or orange. Berry Fine is just an absolutely gorgeous lid shade! Plus nearly all the shades can double as blush (depending on your skin-tone) and Delish makes a fun highlight.

2. ColourPop Sol Palette: It's so funny how I'm falling in love with really warm pink-toned palettes given my love of teals and blues (as you know), greens, violets... yet here we are. I fully blame my best friend because every time I'd send him photos of this and the strawberry palettes he'd heart react to them and encourage me to get them so here we are. This palette makes it into favorites because it is quality - the colors here are smooth, buttery, well-pigmented; they all play well together. Not only that but the palette is incredibly versatile in that you can create really soft, subtle, everyday looks with it but you can also do bright, intense looks and even softly smoky looks with the browns in the palette. When I purchase this I was anticipating that I'd create bright pinky looks with it but I had no idea that the looks I created with it could be so soft, versatile, and flattering. I am genuinely excited to use this palette every time I pick it up and I NEVER thought I'd say that about a palette that wasn't genuinely neutral unless it had a pop of blue in it.

3. ColourPop Ultra Blotted Lip in Doozy: I am really loving both the formula and color of this lip product. Firstly the formula goes on like a liquid and starts off kind of like the YSL Glossy Stain in that it's comfortably hydrating and sheer at first but can be layered to achieve a more pigmented look - this dries a bit powdery but I don't find it drying - although if your lips are flakey this can certainly exacerbate texture. I also find this color super flattering for fall because it's this beautiful pink terracotta - because it's so warm it actually transitions really nicely from summer to the fall in that, when paired with more summery hues it goes a bit more coral whereas paired with more autumnal looks it leans a bit more terracotta. That said, I think it would be a really great shade for any time of year.

4. ColourPop Just a Tint Lip Crayon in Chubby Bunny: Ok can you tell that I've been playing with my ColourPop stash? I promise that I purchased every single one of these items (excluding the Strawberry Shake which was a birthday present from the wife) and this is no way sponsored (although hey, if they want to add me to their PR I will not complain). Anyways, when it comes to this lip crayon I genuinely look forward to the balm step of my makeup routine because that means I get to put this on - it's super comfortably hydrating, non-sticky, and gives a pretty hint of color. My favorite thing, outside of the texture, about Chubby Bunny is that while bubblegum pinks can be hard to pull of, the sheerness here lends it to being really soft and pretty.

5. Adventure Time: I am currently done with the show and I AM SO SAD. The way it ended - so tragic, so beautiful, so lovely how it all came together in the end. Was I an ugly crying wreck? Oh you best believe! I knew I would cry - in fact a lot of the time I get home, eat dinner, and then go wash my makeup off but I knew the day I set out to watch the finale that I needed to wash my makeup off first because I would cry my eyes out and there I was, emotional wreck. It's a beautiful, heartwarming show and I highly recommend watching it!

Disclaimer: My wife bought me the ColourPop Strawberry Shake palette for my birthday. Everything else mentioned here was paid for by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment