Monday, November 4, 2019

Departures - October 2019

Ok folksickles. Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.
1. ColourPop Mar Shadow Palette: This is a lovely, well-made, great-quality palette but I just genuinely don't see myself reaching for it very often. I'm unsure if I feel that it lacks variety or that it just is too neutral with only pops of color. Frankly I'm concerned with testing the rest of the 9-pan monochromatic palettes - which I've been hoarding this year like mad - in terms of me perhaps feeling that there's not a good shade variety in them due to their monochromatic nature. I suppose we shall find out.

2. wet n wild Color Icon Unicorn Glow Rainbow Highlighter: Technically there's nothing wrong with this product - it goes on smooth, is well-pigmented, stays put all day... it's WAY too pigmented for fair skin-tones - it doesn't look like a highlight on me but like I dumped shimmer shadow on my cheeks. For this reason I will be passing it along.

3. StriVectin Anti-Wrinkle blurFECTOR for Eyes: This is meant to be an under-eye and eyelid primer but I found that my concealer went on pretty much just the same over it and that my eyeshadow creased with this on so it didn't really do very much for me.

4. Becca Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed: This is a beautiful golden highlight that stays put all day. Unfortunately this is slightly too dark for my skin-tone and oftentimes has the effect of making me look like a pretty buttery glazed carrot. For this reason I will be passing this along to a tanner friend.

5. Deborah Lippmann Skinny Dippin' Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish: This is a really pretty purple-y grey but unfortunately it didn't really stay put on my nails very well.

6. L'Oreal RoseTrue Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator: This is a beautiful highlighter that stays put all day but I just feel like it's not unique to my collection and like I wouldn't (and I currently don't) reach for this very often.

Disclaimer: I purchased all that you see above with the exception of the wet n wild highlighter, which my wife got for me. The StriVectin and Becca products were provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention them on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment