Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February 2023 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Brightening Toner: I really enjoyed this toner sample - this feels really hydrating and refreshing to apply. It gives the skin a  nice boost of moisture and smells nice too.

2. AOA studio 3D Faux Mink Premium Natural Lashes in Krissi x2: These lashes are really pretty and soft-looking but unfortunately I find that they want to pop off at either the inner or outer corner. 

3. Urban Decay 24/7 Junkie Glide-On Eye Pencil: I feel like I had a good run with this eyeliner - it's a very pretty teal shade. That being said, I can't sharpen this down any further because it doesn't fit into my sharpener anymore and the wood is beginning to scratch my eyes so it's time for us to part ways. 

4. Freeman Rejuvenating cucumber + pink salt Clay Mask : This mask dries a bit too tight for my liking but I really love its exfoliating action and how soft it leaves my skin feeling.

5. Juvia's Place I Am Magic Concealer: I personally love this concealer because it's high coverage and a tube of it lasts forever. It blends beautifully if you're someone who likes a lot of coverage and makes the skin look flawless. My only peeve with this concealer is that either the shade has gotten lighter or perhaps my foundation is a bit too dark because this seemed a bit pale on me. With that being said, I was still able to make it work.

6. Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream: I'm kind of unsure as to why I liked this so much in my original review of it. In using this more frequently I found that it literally felt like any other fairly average facial moisturizer. Additionally, it did nothing for my eczema patch this time around, my poor patch is still inflamed and angry with flakey skin bits. Although this is supposed to have skin regenerating ingredients in it, I really didn't see a difference. I felt like it wasn't hydrating enough.  

7. beautyblender blendercleanser solid pro: I absolutely loved this brush soap, it's lasted me for what feels like years - because it has! The last time I blogged about having run out of one of these was back in 2020. I like to use this along with the Dr. Bronner's soaps to wash my brushes with. I feel like it really does a fantastic job of removing all excess product from a brush. That being said, if you're using a very pigmented eyeshadow or blush product, this unfortunately will not remove staining. That being said, I still think this is one of the best brush and sponge cleansers on the market and highly recommend it. 

8. berkley jensen Scented baby wipes in Refreshing Green Tea & Cucumber: As always, I continue to use baby wipes for the purpose of wiping down surfaces, wiping down my makeup containers, and removing any swatches from my hands. These smell great in my opinion and I love that each package comes with 100 wipes so I don't have to replace the packages very frequently. I store them upside down so that all the wipes remain moist and the ones at the top don't dry out,

9. Dove renewing peony & rose oil body wash: I love this body wash in terms of both how good it smells and how nicely it foams up. That being said, we had some very cold days where I think this partially froze a bit because its texture changed to being kind of slushy and never went back to normal. It still worked ok but honestly I think that was a bit weird. I like to use these Dove body washes as a sub-in for shaving lotion/gel to shave my legs and underarms with. 

10. Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial MistI am sad to have used all of this up. As you know, I love this spray, it gives a nice little boost of hydration to my skin and smells great too. 

11. Nutrius Brazilian Body Butter Cream: I had asked my mom to get these for me hoping that they were a dupe for the Sol Janeiro Bum Bum Cream and while the cream smells nice, it is no dupe. Unfortunately, I found this overall like a thin body lotion and I wish it were more hydrating. It hydrated my legs ok but really didn't do much for the soles of my feet. 

12. Ms. Sparkle Northern Light: I am so sad to part with this nail polish as it is such a unique (in my opinion) color shifting shade. Unfortunately it's gotten goopy and won't apply to my nails smoothly any more.

13. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Oil:  I really love how gritty these scrubs are. This has a very nice, sweet, nutty scent to it. 

14. AOA Artista Blue Fine Tip Liquid EyelinerThis eyeliner is a really pretty dark royal blue/navy (depending on how much you layer it) and has a brush tip that, in my opinion, makes it easy to use. That being said, I feel like it dried out fairly quickly. 

15. now essential oils 100% pure peppermint: In terms of peppermint oils, I really like this one because it has a true peppermint scent without being earthy. It works great in my diffuser to help clear my sinuses and is nice to add to foot baths to help revive tired feet as well. 

16. Fourth Ray Beauty Double Shift face cleanser: While I found this cleanser works pretty well and foams up nicely, it's just not as hydrating, or luxurious feeling, as the Korean and Japanese cleansers that I enjoy so I most likely won't be picking this up again.

17. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Special Delivery: This is an absolutely beautiful eyeshadow and I'm very sad to part ways with it but it's developed a funky scent and I don't want to chance getting an infection from it.

18. berkley jensen Maximum Strength Anti-Itch Cream 1% Hydrocortisone: As far as hydrocortisone creams go, this is your standard fare. I use it to help reduce the itching and inflammation that accompanies my eczema flare-ups.

19. Sephora Collection Surfer Babe Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hr Wear Waterproof: Unfortunately this eyeliner has just dried out entirely.

20. Freeman Deep Clearing manuka honey + tea tree oil Clay Mask + Cleanser: I really enjoy using this as a mask because it makes my skin feel deeply cleansed without drying it out.

21. Trader Joe's Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream: I feel like this eye cream is alright in terms of providing basic hydration for the eye area but I also feel that calling it "supreme" is an exaggeration and I wish it were more hydrating. 

22. Freeman Anti-Stress dead sea minerals Clay Mask: I enjoyed using this mask because while it had the property of deep cleaning due to it being a clay mask, it dried down soft and is easy to wash off.

23. AOA Studio Mochi Teardrop Blender: I find that this does a nice job of blending my makeup and works as well as most other sponges I've tried. That being said, I find these difficult to thoroughly wash as they seem to really want to hang onto foundation/potentially absorb a lot of foundation as they're being used.

24. wet n wild photo focus Matte Foundation: I really liked this foundation in terms of how smoothly it went on and the coverage it gave me. That being said, I prefer this in the dewy formulation.

25. Shop Miss A Precision Eyebrow Razor: So honestly, despite this being a brow razor, I use it to clean up any straggling mustache hairs and because it's so small, it's great at getting into precise spots like right under the nose.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Skin1004, Nutrius, and Dr. Barbara Sturm products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment