Thursday, December 1, 2022

November 2022 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Ariose Monde Ocean Bliss Bath Fizzers: I used these in my foot baths and they're a nice bath bomb that left my skin feeling soft. That being said, I found the scent to be quite intense. 

2. Youth to the People Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream: This moisturizer felt really fantastic on my skin. It hydrates really deeply despite being lightweight. Unfortunately, as with many moisturizers, it's not enough for the spots where I have eczema but if my eczema were to clear up I would definitely consider repurchasing this.

3. Trader Joe's Oatmeal & Honey Soap: As I mentioned in the past, I love this soap so much because it nourishes my skin and whenever I have eczema flareups on my hands I find this soap to be very soothing. I like to always have it on hand because it's fairly inexpensive and works well. 

4. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Rose: This scrub smells absolutely delicious and does a great job of smoothing my skin and preparing it for shaving.

5.Minoxidil Topical Aerosol 5% for Women: So just a heads up that Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine and is meant to help with hair growth. I had some sparse patches toward the front of my hairline and feel like this has made a really big difference in terms of me actually getting hair growth in those areas that were essentially balding. 

6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess (matte): This was a really great shade of bronzer that added a bit of warmth to my face but was a shade that still gave my face depth and dimension the way a contouring product would. I can't believe my pale behind finished a whole bronzer in the course of a year yet here we are. 

7. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG: While I do find that this helps me with puffiness, it doesn't help brighten my under-eye area the way I wish it would. I don't know that I'd pick this up again. 

8. Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial Mist: I love how this adds a bit of hydration to my skin and makes my skin feel refreshed. It actually smells like watermelon which is a nice touch. 

9. Freeman Detoxifying charcoal + black sugar Mud Mask: I like that this is a mud mask that doesn't feel super tight as it dries. I can't say it works amazing for clearing away my sebaceous filament but it makes my skin feel deep-cleansed yet soft and smooth when I use it.

10. RAW SUGAR moisture loving body wash in Watermelon + Fresh Mint While I like the scent of this body wash and that it's moisturizing, I find that it leaves behind a residue - it's not super thick or anything but I wasn't a fan of this. 

11. Sol Janeiro Brazilian Joia Strengthening & Smoothing Conditioner: This conditioner has the signature Sol Janeiro scent which I adore. I like that the scent lingers in my hair throughout the day after I use this on it. It leaves my hair feeling very hydrated, conditioned, and silky.

12. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Rose: This scrub smells absolutely delicious - I think citrus is my favorite scent out of those that I've tried. This also does a great job of smoothing my skin and preparing it for shaving.

13. MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry: This is a beautiful true, classic red lip-liner that took me nearly a whole year to use up with near daily use. I wore this as a lipstick too - meaning I used it over my entire mouth, not just to line with - and it lasted me that long. I really enjoyed using this but honestly it was a bit on the dry side which helped with wear but felt a bit uncomfortable. Given that I have loads of red lipsticks at the moment that I don't use a lip liner with, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this. 

14. Osea Atmosphere Protection Cream: This moisturizer feels really fantastic. It's not heavy but it gives my skin a  really nice degree of hydration. Unfortunately I find it's not quite enough for my eczema patch but it felt great over the rest of my face. 

15. AOA studio Perfect Setting Powder in Soft Light: Honestly I feel like this setting powder is just ok because it sets my face nicely but looks cake-y and creases underneath the eye area which I am not a fan of. 

16. wet n wild photo focus Dewy Foundation: I am so sad to part ways with this foundation. It gives me such beautiful coverage, wears all day, and has a very pretty finish wherein my skin has a healthy glow to it. I really loved using this and highly recommend checking it out.
 
17. Dove gentle exfoliating sea minerals body wash: As I've mentioned many times, I really love to use these body washes to shave with because they're very hydrating and more economical for me to have on hand versus shaving foams. This has a nice, refreshing, clean scent to it. This is sold in a bundle with the peony and coconut scented ones and honestly is my least favorite just because the beads get in the way of my razor but I feel like other than that I like it just fine.

18. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Everything Anti-Bacterial Foaming Mousse Hand Sanitizer: If I'm being honest I wasn't the biggest fan of this stuff. It leaves a residue on the skin because it attempts to be hydrating and also left a stain on my carpet where the hand sanitizer dried up on the carpet and turned solid. Alas. In addition to that it just smells too sweet for my liking and the dispenser broke before I was able to actually finish the product within. It feels like there's plenty of it left in there but I can't get it to dispense. 

19. AOA studio 3D Faux Mink Premium Natural Lashes in Brianna: I really liked these lashes. They're a long lash with V-shaped clusters and I find that it really opens up my eyes and makes my eyes look large.

20. L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Conditioning Treatment: This works really well as a stand-in for conditioner and makes my hair feel soft and silky. 

21. AOA Studio Mochi Teardrop Blender: I find that this does a nice job of blending my makeup and works as well as most other sponges I've tried. That being said, I find these difficult to thoroughly wash as they seem to really want to hang onto foundation/potentially absorb a lot of foundation as they're being used.

22. berkley jensen baby wipes in Refreshing Green Tea & Cucumber: These wipes smell so good! I don't have the packaging in my empties photos because I spent a lot of wipes cleaning grease off the walls in the kitchen and ended up just dumping the packaging together with the used up wipes.

23. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: Frankly I don't even know what bottle of this I'm on because I love this stuff and keep repurchasing it. Unsurprisingly, I am sad to be out. I definitely feel a difference in my skin when I don't use squalane in terms of my skin being flakier than usual. I've ordered a new one to try but will be using a different oil in the meantime. 

24. Shiseido Prepare Eyebrow Razor L Shaped: To be honest I use these mostly on my upper lip and to quickly trim any hair that wants to hang around my face and be unsightly. They do a great job but the blade on this has become dull over time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Ariose Monde, OSEA, Bath & Body Works, and Freeman  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment