Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sleeping Mask Review: Fourth Ray Beauty Night Dew hydrating jelly mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Fourth Ray Beauty Night Dew hydrating jelly mask.

Availability: This product retails at $16 for .34 g (1.2 oz.) and can be purchased at fourthraybeauty.com and colourpop.com

Would I buy this again? I want to say yes.

What it is formulated to do:
According to fourthraybeauty.com:
Dew you boo.
💤 What it is - Catch some ZZ’s and wake up with super hydrated skin! This overnight jelly mask revives dry, dull skin with moisture-loving ingredients for instant + long-term hydration while you sleep.
💙 Why you’ll luv it - Perfect for all skin types, its unique jelly texture applies like a serum and feels cool and lightweight on the skin. It’s also infused with Cucumber Extract for a soothing spa-like fragrance.
🌙 Why you need it – It’s formulated with ultra-hydrating, quick-absorbing Hyaluronic Acid, superstar hydrator Mushroom Beta Glucan and soothing Vitamin B5 for replenished, soft skin.
PM
HYDRATING

an overnight jelly mask that deeply quenches dehydrated skin. formulated with hero ingredients in an ultra-hydrating new jelly texture with a serum-like application to effortlessly absorb into skin overnight. skin is left hydrated, supple and totally revived when you wake.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to fourthraybeauty.com:
hyaluronic acid - known to deeply quench skin with replenishing, fast-absorbing hydration.
mushroom beta glucan - superstar hydrator known to boost collagen and provide instant + long-term moisture.
vitamin b5 – known to hydrate, soothe and soften skin by attracting + retaining moisture.

What is the texture like?
This has a gel cream texture that absorbs quickly and feels cooling when applied. 

Is it scented?
This smells mostly of cucumber with just the slightest hint of something sweet. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
My skin has been so dry and flakey lately, especially in the eczema patch that I've been complaining about that I decided to pick up products with the primary function being hydration and potentially repairing the skin barrier. Given that my skin usually doesn't do well with thick products, and thereby true barrier creams/balms being out of the question, I opted for more lightweight hydrators. Now, personally, even though the sleeping masks that I've been using are meant to retexture and give a healthy glow upon waking, my preference for sleeping masks is that they add a boost of hydration to my nighttime routine, so something like this sounded like a perfect thing to try.
I have found that this masks really does add a nice, soothing, cooling, boost of extra hydration to my skin. While it doesn't completely take away my eczema patch, I have notice that the skin in that area tends to be more hydrated, less flakey, and less inflamed when I used this.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment