Thursday, December 29, 2022

Essence Review: COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be on the COSRX Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence.


Availability: This product retails at $8.50 for a 1.01 fl. oz. travel size and anywhere from $12 - $25 for 100 ml (3.38 fl. oz.) and is available at ulta.com, iHerb.com, stylevana.com, amazon.com, yesstyle.com, target.com, and cosrx.com.

Would I buy this again?: I can see myself getting this again at some point for sure.

What is this product designed to address?
According to cosrx.com this is what the product is and what it does:
Enriched with 96.3% skin boosting ingredient snail secretion filtrate
Light- weight essence which absorbs into skin fast to give skin natural glow from the inside. This essence is created from nutritious, low-stimulation filtered snail mucin to keep your skin moisturized and illuminated all day.
BENEFITS
• Fades dark spots
• Improves skin texture
• Anti-aging
• Intense hydration
TARGETS
• Dull & rough skin
• Soothing damaged skin
• Dark spots & scars


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to cosrx.com:
• 96.3% snail secretion filtrate :
deliver rich nourishment through quick absorption
• 1,000 ppm sodium hyaluronate :
plumping and soothing care, infuses hydration
This also contains:
Allantoin: Has hydrating properties that are meant to help smooth the skin's texture (helps reduce rough, dry patches); has ant-inflammatory properties.
Arginine: Has hydrating and anti-oxidant properties.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a watery gel, I know the pictures make it look tacky like honey and it will have that funny-looking pull to it due to the snail mucin but this is by no means sticky or tacky the way honey would be. It absorbs readily into the skin. 

Is it scented?
This has an extremely faint, perfume-y floral scent that some snail products can have but given how light it is I don't really smell it when I use the product. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
The reason I purchased this is because of that eczema patch I constantly complain about in my moisturizer empties and the fact that my skin was just very dry and irritated from having been sick when I ordered this. Originally I was going to just go for a hyaluronic acid serum but I was on yesstyle.com and I was thinking that every time I've used snail products in the past they've really soothed and hydrated my skin so it sounded right up my alley. I've been using this consistently for about two weeks now and while the eczema patch stubbornly remains, this product really does feel very hydrating and refreshing going onto my skin. I would purchase this again just because I really like the way it feels.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment