Friday, December 16, 2022

Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Collection Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2 Review

Today I bring to you the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Collection Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2

AvailabilityThis palette retails at $60 for 25 eyeshadows. It is available at anastasiabeverlyhills.com, sephora.com, and naimes.com along with their physical store locations. It is also available at beautybay.com. 
Would I buy this again? I'm not sure yet. 
NotesOk y'all I haven't really bought many palettes this year and caved when I saw that these were half off on Black Friday. My friend Donna just raves and raves about these and recommended this particular palette to me because it's no surprise to anyone that I just adore teals, blues, and greens so saying this palette was up my alley is right on. That being said, this, and the rest of the Norvina palettes are arranged in a way that makes no sense to me - or to many others either it seems based on message boards - I wish that they were arranged by color because their order in the palette doesn't make sense, even if you tried to create a look using a row or a column or colors next to each other as quads, it just doesn't add up to me and looks confusing to the eye. Alas. 
A1 is described as a shimmer hot pink pressed pigment, I'd say this is a metallic fuchsia with blue micro-glitter. 
A2 is described as a matte lime yellow, I'd agree with their description. 
A3 is described as a shimmer lime, I'd say this is a soft shimmery chartreuse with a golden pearl.
A4 is described as a shimmer periwinkle pressed pigment, I'd say this is a very beautiful periwinkle with a golden pearl . 
A5 is described as a shimmer teal, I'd say this is a teal, seafoam emerald green with silver micro-glitter.
B1 is described as a matte green with large sparkle that doesn't alter the formula, I'd say this is a matte, warm chartreuse with silver, green, and pink micro-shimmer. I'm not really sure what's meant by "doesn't alter the formula" regarding the formulation as the micro-shimmer does show up in my in-person swatch. 
B2 is described as a matte deep periwinkle blue pressed pigment, I can see why they would say that, this shade swatches a bit darker in person.

B3 is described as a matte jade green, I'd say this is a matte grass green.
B4 is described as a matte ultramarine blue pressed pigment,  I'd agree with their description.
B5 is described as a matte azure blue, I'd say this is a matte cerulean teal.
C1 is described as a multi-shade reflective shimmer champagne, I'd say this is a metallic champagne with a chartreuse golden pearl that almost goes a bit pink when the light hits it just right. I think this would make a beautiful cheek highlight. 
C2 is described as a matte sky blue with sparkle, I'd say this is a matte cerulean with silver micro-shimmer.
C3 is described as a matte cobalt blue pressed pigment, I'd agree with their description.
C4 is described as a matte Prussian blue, I'd say it's a Prussian blue with a strong bluish teal kick to it.
C5 is described as a matte oxblood pressed pigment, I'd agree with their description.
D1 is described as a multi-reflective green silver, I'd say this is a teal green with gold, silver, green, and blue micro-glitter. This is a beautiful shade that I think would be great for a New Year's Eve look or for anytime really for a mermaid like me. :P 
D2 is described as a matte bold orange pressed pigment, I'd say this is a beautiful, bright, matte reddish orange.
D3 is described as a matte hot pink pressed pigment, I'd describe this as a soft, matte fuchsia.
D4 is described as a matte yellow with large sparkles, I'd say this is a soft, matte yellow. I have not a clue what sparkles they're talking about because mine is entirely matte both in the palette and when swatched.
D5 is described as a matte navy blue pressed pigment, I'd agree with that description. 
E1 is described as a matte emerald green with large sparkle, I'd say it's a matte seafoam emerald with green and silver micro-shimmer.
E2 is described as a shimmering amethyst, I'd say this has a sheer amethyst base color to it with a pinkish magenta pearl as well as silver, blue, and purple micro-glitter.
E3 is described as a matte teal green, I'd agree with their description.
E4 is described as a matte red brown pressed pigment, I'd say it's a matte plum brown.
E5 is described as a matte black pressed pigment, I'd emphasize that this is a soft matte black, it's not the blackest of blacks. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI bought this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment