Friday, April 2, 2021

March 2021 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
A'pieu Daily Sheet Mask in Green Tea Soothing: I really enjoyed these, even though over time the box completely fell apart. They feel really refreshing and lightly hydrating. 
papa recipe Bombee Honey Mask x2: You already know I LOVE these masks - they smell delicious and leave my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. They're also really refreshing and feel cooling going on. Every time I take a break from, and come back to, them I remember why I love them so much. 
JAYJUN Aloe Pink Mask: This is a really refreshing, hydrating mask that gave my skin a beautiful glow.
A'Pieu Air Pocket Sheet Mask in Coconut Milk: This is a really hydrating mask that leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I would say that this has a floral, perfume-y scent that isn't very coconutty. 
papa recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask Pack: Frankly I think I like these even better than the original honey mask! This smells just as delicious but it leaves my skin even more radiant, hydrated, and smooth. The mask itself feels more silky and luxurious. The only downside is that the masks themselves are somewhat small and I feel like they're designed for someone with a smaller face.

2. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: As you folks know I really like baby wipes for wiping down surfaces especially my makeup and to remove makeup swatches when I write up this here blog. These are great and come in generous 100-packs so they last forever. 

3. Crown C510 brush: Given that Crown brushes are inexpensive (yet great quality) I like to replace them yearly or as they get frayed. This is starting to fray so it's really about that time. 

4. JOAH I'm so Fly-liner: Unfortunately this is just dry and has started to tug on my eyes so I feel like it's best to let it go.

5. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: You already know that I love this as a spot treatment. I find that it really assists in clearing up breakouts quickly and effectively. 

6Miche Bloomin' Eyelash Glue: Unfortunately mine has gotten super goopy and gunky to the point where I think it's best to let it go.

7. ColourPop Faux Mink False Lashes in Lovebird: These are really pretty lengthening yet soft-looking lashes. 

8. Bath & Body Works Scented Candle in Autumn: I am so sad that I have used up this candle because the scent is just so cozy and refreshing. 

9. Nature Republic by Flower Jeju Jam Balm Tangerine Honey: Unfortunately it seems that this has developed mold - I've had it for a long time and I hardly have any left so I suppose it's that time to say goodbye.

10. Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Mermaid BFFS: I am all about the name of this hand sanitizer - it has a nice coconut scent. 

11. m-61 PowerGlow Peel Extra Strength 20% x3: So this is the update to the PowerGlow Peel mentioned above with a whopping 20% glycolic acid (the original has 7%). Mind you these frightened me greatly given that even the original makes my face tingle so when I first applied this I was half-way prepared for my face to melt away. I was pleasantly surprised that this is, in fact, not terribly scary and leaves my skin baby's bottom smooth. After I applied I did experience a sunburn-like sensation that was intense for about 5 minutes and completely disappeared within just about 10. I HIGHLY recommend following this up with hydrating and anti-inflammatory products such as squalane oil, which is what I did, to minimize potential inflammation and skin irritation. I've noticed after using a few of these that some really stubborn bumps on my skin seem to be shrinking.

12. Maya Chia The Great Cleanse Nourishing Cleansing Oil: I actually used this up a while back but since I've repurposed the bottle I guess I forgot to write about it - this is alright as a cleansing oil but it won't break down long-wearing products like eyeliner very well so I probably won't buy it. 

13. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: A repeat favorite - truly wonderful for reducing redness, inflammation, and textural issues on my skin. 

14. Tree Hut Lemon Blueberry Tart Shea Sugar Scrub: You already know I love these scrubs and this is no exception. I don't really get much blueberry or tart from the scent of this though, it smells like lemon glaze to me. 

15. Christophe Robin Regenerating Shampoo With Prickly Pear Oil: Frankly I find this line to have an unpleasant musky scent that I don't love BUT it works fantastic for literally regenerating my hair. My coworkers have all commented that my hair looks fuller and healthier lately - especially since I started using this so... I like its effects I just don't like the scent. The good thing is the scent doesn't really linger in  the hair. 😀

16. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub With Sea Salt: This is a product that I absolutely adore, it's super gritty so it cuts through dry scalp and dandruff like no one's business but it also foams up and rinses out of the hair beautifully. If you suffer with dandruff I feel like this is well worth the investment. This product doesn't dry out the hair either, which is incredible given that it's salt-based but I do like to follow it up with a heavy conditioner or a hair mask.

17. patchology POSHPEEL PEDI CURE: You folksickles already know that I love this foot peel - I haven't done one in a bit so I definitely think it's time to refresh these hurting, dry tootsies. 

18. Sonia Kashuk Essential Blending Crease Brush No. 273: This is another product that I absolutely adore - for me this is the PERFECT crease brush for applying a transition color with - the shape is great, it covers a wide area of the crease while allowing you to be precise with placement and it just blends beautifully. Unfortunately mine is just suffering from broken bristles and while it still applies makeup beautifully it feels scratchy on my eyelid. 

19. Fourth Ray Beauty Pink Grapefruit Body Milk: This is a beautiful product because it's actually really hydrating while being lightweight which is fantastic, particularly for the summertime when I want to be hydrated but don't want to feel sticky. That said, given that these launched in the wintertime I wish they would've thought about making a body cream or butter versus a milk. But like I said, I still found this to provide a good level of hydration - my legs felt silky when I used this on them but my feet could've benefited from something with a richer texture. Also, this smells absolutely delicious!

20. Fourth Ray Beauty Watermelon Face Milk: I found that in addition to using a sleeping mask and face oil, which I always do for my nighttime routine, that despite being a thin milk this was enough hydration for me. That said, I find this face milk to be fairly hydrating. It has a creamy watermelon scent to it that's kind of nice too. 

21. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel:  This cleanser has a really lovely apricot scent but I found it to be a little too stripping. I wish that it was more hydrating.

22. Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap in Lavender: You already know I love using this to wash my brushes, it removes pretty much all powder products completely. 

23. Christophe Robin Back to Your Baby Blonde Shade Variation Mask: Now friends my hair has never been baby blonde, unless you want to count when it was bleached prior to having blue applied to it. That said, I figured that whilst I had blue hair this would be a good mask to keep my hair really cool-toned and I was right. I haven't had my hair dyed since December 2021 and it's a light-medium ashy brown naturally. I feel like I was still able to use this and definitely got the hydration benefits. It didn't do anything weird to my hair, like make it purple, but I feel like it definitely enhanced the cool tones in my brown. 

24. Bath & Body Works Berry Waffle Cone Scented Candle: I'm sad to see this go as I really enjoyed the scent of it and found it to be very cozy. It's one that I really enjoyed burning when it was cold out. 

25.  ColourPop Faux Mink Lashes in Bella: I think these lashes are really pretty. They give my looks some oomph while still looking rather soft and natural. 

The following lip products all just smell really off and I'm sad because they're all colors I really enjoyed.




29. Sugarpill Liquid Lip Color in Duchess: I'm sad, I didn't even really have a chance to wear this much. 

30. wet n wild MegaLast Lip Color in Vamp It Up

31.m-61 Vitablast C Serum Pad: Overall I only had the one pad so I can't even say how this compares to other Vitamin C products. This pad was more wet than I remember my prior samples being, which is great because you could use it on the chest and the backs of the hands along with your face. It felt lightly hydrating and refreshing. 

32. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner: Friends there was honestly only enough in here for two uses so I can't really speak to any pore-tightening benefits. This product was a bit tingly and stung  a tiny bit on areas where I had open, active breakouts. It also smells more like watermelon rind than the fleshy red part of the watermelon so I find myself wishing it smelled sweet like watermelon juice would but it smells bitter. 

33. wet n wild Shell Ivory photo focus Stick Foundation: I really like the coverage this stick gives me - it's fairly full and buildable but blends out easily with a wet beauty sponge. That said, getting the last of it out of the container is an absolute pain! I personally prefer the liquid version of this foundation as it's more natural-looking anyhow so I probably won't be getting this again. They have one with a dewy finish now and I'm looking forward to trying it. 

34. Juvia's Place I Am Magic Velvety Matte Foundation in Isla: Another product that I'm sad because I hardly even got to try it but it smells terrible so I'd rather toss it. 

35. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Deborah: Frankly I don't love brownish lipsticks so this wasn't up my alley, its caramel notes made it wearable on me but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it.

36. innisfree moisturizing cleansing foam with olive: I'm sad to have used this up, it left my skin feeling very clean yet hydrated and foamed up beautifully.

37. Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo with Jujube Bark Extract: I find that this is an intensely purifying shampoo and is best when followed up with a rich conditioner or hair mask as it can be a tad bit stripping. It's gentle but I find it's still best to hydrate well after using it. 

38. Christophe Robin Hydrating Leave-In Mist with Aloe Vera: This is a really nice light, hydrating, refreshing spray for the hair. This is water, rather than cream, based so it adds hydration without weighing the hair down at all.

39. m-61 Power Cleansing Cloth: This is a wipe meant to target clogged pores and acne, I used it one night because I was too lazy to wash my face and I didn't have any eye makeup on. I mean, my face felt cleaner using it but I can't tell you if it works on face makeup. Given that I wasn't having any serious breakouts at the time I can't tell you if it's any good for those either. 

40. Tree Hut Tropical Mango Shea Sugar Scrub: You already know I love these scrubs and this is no exception. This smells exactly as described - just delicious!

41. Dove glowing mango butter & almond butter Nourishing Body Wash: This body wash is incredibly moisturizing and I love it for shaving. It smells delicious, gives my razor a great glide,  and leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Nature Republic, Maya Chia and m-61 (the PowerGlow Peels, Power Cleansing Cloth and Vitamin C Serum Pad), NARS, Christophe Robin, innisfree, A'Pieu (the Coconut Milk mask specifically), and Glow Recipe products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment