Friday, April 9, 2021

March 2021 Favorites

 Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in April  :) 
1. Bath & Body Works Berry Waffle Cone Scented Candle: This candle just has such a comforting, cozy, sweet, almost cinnamon-like scent. I love burning it when it's cold out because it has such a warm, cozy scent. 

2. Maya Chia Supercritical Omega-3 Chia Face Oil: I invested in this oil during an employee appreciation sale and I just have to rave about how much I love it. It smells wonderful and is super luxurious going on. This oil gives my skin a beautiful, radiant look; it reduces my redness, and it's just an absolute joy to use. 

3. Maya Chia The Straight A Serum Advanced Gentle Retinol Treatment: Much like the above oil, which I use during the day, this is a joy to use for nighttime. In terms of retinols I've found in the past that my skin tends to get irritated by them if I use them too frequently or, because I don't have any particularly significant signs of aging, I don't notice that retinol treatments make a difference to my skin after I spend time building up a tolerance to them. This, however, was worth the investment in my opinion. First of all, it's genuinely gentle, I can use it nightly without any issues. It has a beautiful rose scent which I find soothing - although I would suggest avoiding this product if you dislike rose scents or are allergic to roses. In addition, it just gives my skin a beautiful glow and radiance. I still don't have aging issues to comment on and so far I've been using it for a few weeks and am breaking out around my jawline. I'm unsure if my skin is purging or I'm just breaking out because I've been going through a lot of stress lately. 

4. Jack Black Intense Therapy Natural Mint & Shea Butter Lip Balm: I haven't used this lip balm in a long time and I forgot how much I love it! This has a nice, silky texture and leaves my lips feeling really soft and supple. 

5. Smith's Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip Balm in Tropical Ambrosia: Essentially, I like this lip balm for the very same reasons I like the one described above. That said, this also has a delicious coconutty scent to it. 

6. Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream: I absolutely love the hydrating yet lightweight gel-cream texture of this product. I love how refreshing/cooling it is when I apply it and I love how hydrating it is. I love that it smells like tea as well. Just overall a fantastic product. 

7. Fourth Ray Beauty Soak It Up hydrating hyaluronic Mask: Ok I know that often times a cloud cream texture is something used to describe slimes but there's no better way to explain the texture of this product. It's soft, hydrating, and refreshing (the cloud aspect) yet also very soft and creamy (the cream aspect. I use this as a sleeping mask and it's just such a joy to slather my face with it. Honestly between the Maya Chia Retinol, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream, and this I just look forward to doing my skincare at night because I genuinely love the way each product feels on my skin. 

Disclaimer: I paid for the products mentioned above myself with the exception of the Jack Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment