Sunday, April 11, 2021

March 2021 Arrivals

Ok folksickles! I was hit with so many sales and such that I went a little nuts this month, not gonna lie. 

1. REVLON COLORSTAY SHARP LINE Eyeliner in 01 Blackest Black: Technically I was planning on getting a liner I already had but this is all that I was able to find at my local drugstore so I decided to give it a try.

2. DUO Brush On Striplash Adhesive: I needed to replenish on lash glue so I just decided to go for an old faithful.

3. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner Dramatic Wear Liquid Eye Pen: As it turned out, the REVLON pen from above is very difficult for me to work with so I had to go and pick up a tried-and-true.

4. Overtone for Brown Hair Coloring Conditioner in Pink, Blue, and Purple: Given that I haven't had my hair dyed in over a year and that I'm afraid to bleach it because it's very thin and fragile at this point and the person who I trusted with my hair moved... I figured I'd give these a try since I'm also hesitant to go back to box dye. I figured I'd have a play with them and see if they really do work on dark brown hair as their regular line shows up on the bleached bits of my hair and occasionally will catch onto the white hairs I've got but that's about it. 

5. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density: As you all know I've complained about my hair being thin for pretty much forever so I figured I'd give this a try.

6. COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF 50 PA+++: Honestly my wife suggested this to me and I tried it in-store a while back, it's nice and lightweight and I'm paper white, as you know, so I figured I'd pick it up since I'm running low on sunscreen. 

7. Maya Chia The Straight A Serum Retinol Treatment: This was quite an investment piece but I decided to pick it up because my skin is very tolerant of it to the point where, when I had a sample of this, I was able to use it nightly. I'm in my 30s now so I feel like investing in my skin, when I have the ability to do so, is worthwhile and I might as well get a retinol I know I like from a brand that I know I like. 

8. Sonia Kashuk Essential Blending Crease Brush No. 273 x5: I picked up 5 whole brushes because I genuinely had so much trouble finding something similar at the same price point - these brushes are $6 apiece and I honestly feel like the quality of the brush at its price point is incredible. It's the PERFECT brush for my particular eye shape to lay down transition shades with or, essentially, for any type of blending crease work. 

9. wet n wild Crease Brush: I bought this on a whim when I was at Target just to see how it would compare to the Sonia Kashuk brush, because as you know, I LOVE that Sonia Kashuk Essential Blending Crease Brush No. 273 brush. Well, color me shook because this is just as good! I wasn't expecting anything from a brush that cost me under $2 but I am so impressed with the quality and efficacy of this brush! The only thing I don't like is the ergonomic groove it has for you to hold it because I like to move my hand around the brush handle just depending on whether I'm trying to pack color on or blend and I feel like that design isn't particularly conductive to how I use my brushes but alas, I can't complain at this price point!

10. Solinotes Rose Ea de Parfum: One of my friends suggested I give this a try because I love rose fragrances. It's a little bit more of a floral, herbaceous rose rather than the sweet rose scent I tend to gravitate toward, at least smelling it out of the vial. I'll have to wear this on my skin and see how that works. 

11. Skinfix eczema+ targeted body balm: You folx already know that I swear by this stuff for my bodily eczema so I had to pick up more due to some recent flareups. 

12. Skinfix Barrier + Lipid-Boost 360 Eye: This was available as a sample at sephora.com and I decided to opt in for it because I've been getting eczema on my eyelids and figured maybe this would be helpful. 

13. Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream: You already know my deep love for the scent of this so when I see it as a sample I usually grab it. 

14. wondergloss beauty Makeup Assassin: This has become an essential makeup remover in my repertoire because it genuinely removes the vast majority of my lash glue. Due to that being the case this product is something I will continue to repurchase.  

15. wondergloss beauty Pumpkin Latte Masque: Given that I was able to find this for relatively inexpensive on Amazon and am running low on masks I decided to give it a try. I also really love pumpkin lattes so it was a win all around. 

16. Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream: This was available as a sample at sephora.com and since I've been wanting to try out Glow Recipe I thought this would be a great way to do so. 

17. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow pha+bha Pore-Tight Toner: (not pictured) Honestly this was another sample I picked up because I wanted to try the brand. That said, I found that it was just ok and didn't make a noticeable difference for my pores. I don't like how this smells, it doesn't remind me of watermelon at all, and it stung a bit. All around I wouldn't go buy this. 

18. Mario Badescu Deodorant: Ok so I'm sort of on a mission to find a natural deodorant that I like. I say sort of because I'm not on any sort of committed mission but I figure if I find one and it's not super expensive that'll be nice. So far my favorite has been Lume but given the lack of baking soda (I find anything with baking soda ends up giving me a nasty rash sooner or later) in this one and its nice scent I decided to pick it up, 

19. A'Pieu Air Mask Sheet Mini "Haul": I use the word haul in quotations here because my lovely wife bought these masks for me. She got me the:
Coconut Milk (not pictured)
Green Tea Milk
Banana Milk

Disclaimer: I purchased everything listed above with the exception of the masks my wife got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment