Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Essence/Serum Review: dermalogica redness relief essence

dermalogica redness relief essence

AvailabilityThis retails at $21 for 1.7 oz. or $42 for 5.1 fl oz. and can be purchased at bluemercury.com, macys.com, ulta.com,  sephora.ca (just the Canada website though) along with their physical store locations as well as dermalogica.com and dermstore.com.

Would I buy this? Most likely not. 

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to sephora.ca:
What it is: A redness-reducing essence that calms and restores balance to sensitive skin.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Redness, and Dullness and Uneven Texture
Formulation: Lightweight Liquid

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to sephora.ca:
-Piperonyl Glucose: A new molecule that helps reduce skin sensitivity due to changes in climate and dietary related stress, and visibly reduces persistent skin redness.
-Colloidal Oatmeal: Helps calm redness, and forms a physical barrier on surface of the skin to provide moisturization and hydration.
-Aloe Vera: Soothes, calms, and hydrates skin.


What is the texture like?
This has a watery lotion texture.

Is this scented?
This has a very faint, kind of clean scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Unfortunately I didn't find this to have much of an effect on my redness. It boosted my skin's hydration nicely, which I appreciate, but I don't feel like it has its intended effect on my skin.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am not receiving any type of incentive or compensation for writing about it on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment