Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
Etude House Air Mask in Olive - Firming & Moisturizing: I can't really speak to the firming benefits of this but I did find it very hydrating.
lune+aster Nourish 5 Minute Rescue Mask: I'll be honest that, unless there's acids or some kind of mud/clay in a sheet mask, I usually leave them on for 20 minutes unless the instructions suggest they be left on longer - I find this mask hydrates the skin nicely without being very heavy or milky. 
patchology Flashmasque in Illuminate: Another mask I really enjoy for its lightweight hydration and because it gives my skin a beautiful radiant glow.
Quret Beauty Recipe Mask in Brazil Nut: This is a hydrating mask that left my skin smooth, dewy, and radiant without having a heavy hydrating essence. I really liked it.
Quret Beauty Recipe Mask in Banana: This is a hydrating mask that left my skin smooth, dewy, and radiant without having a heavy hydrating essence. I really liked it. It has a nice banana scent to it too.
Quret Beauty Recipe Mask in Tomato: Again, this mask is lightly hydrating and smoothing; it has a bit of a powdery scent to it. 
Quret Beauty Recipe Mask in Eggplant: I found the idea of an eggplant mask quite curious but it did leave my skin hydrated and smooth. This has a floral scent to it.
Quret Beauty Recipe Mask in Broccoli x2: Typically I really like broccoli-based K-beauty but I found this mask not as hydrating as the other ones, which are all lightweight as is, it kind of wasn't enough for my skin. It worked ok but I won't be picking it up again, even though I got two to begin with. :I
Skinfood Beauty in a Food Propolis & Bee Venom Mask Sheet: This mask has a lovely floral, lightly honey-esque scent.
A'Pieu Coffee Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask x2: This mask smells so strongly of coffee - which I personally really enjoy! It left my skin feeling soft and smooth, and, as you folks know, I simply adore this particular mask. I highly recommend giving it a go.
A'Pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask in Watermelon: This mask was lightly hydrating and left my skin feeling smooth; it has a strong artificial watermelon scent to it.
A'Pieu Fruit Vinegar Sheet Mask in Pomegranate x2: This mask left my skin feeling lightly hydrated and has a nice pomegranate scent.
A'Pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask in Hanrabong: This mask left my skin feeling soft and smooth, it's lightly hydrating but the serum is thin and watery. It smells like yuzu (although I think the "hanrabong" is specifically a Jeju orange) and I think it would be really nice for the summertime.

2.  Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango:  This has a nice sweet tropical mango scent to it. You folks know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This was actually the first scent I ever got so it's got an element of nostalgia for me.

3. Bioderma Sebium Purifying Cleansing Micelle Solution: I found that this did a nice job of removing my makeup and enhanced the work of the microfiber towelettes I use to remove my makeup. It didn't dry out my skin either, which I appreciate.

4. Lovely Me:ex Mini Pet Hand Cream in Fruity Floral: So because I gathered quite the collection of hand creams I've decided to use them up as body creams instead. This did a fairly good job of hydrating my skin and has a nice, light, clean scent to it.

5. blendercleanser solid pro:  I tell you it lasted me a year and a half when I paired it with my beloved castile soap - I use the castile soap to pre-cleanse face brushes and on eye brushes because powder makeup usually comes off with it, whereas this is fantastic for getting liquid and cream makeups out of brushes and sponges. What a deal!

6Trader Joe's Clay Detox Mask: Overall I would say this mask did a good job of making my skin feel clean and deeply cleansed but it also left my skin feeling dry and tight; it was alright because I'd follow it up with a sheet mask but because it left my skin so tight I don't think I'd get it again.

7. L'occitane Hand Cream in Honey: This smells absolutely divine - it truly smells like honey and left my skin feeling soft and smelling delicious.

8. ColourPop Precision Blending Sponge: I really quite enjoyed using this sponge; it's got a nice squishy texture to it that really blends makeup in beautifully and I find both the beveled edge and the more pointy bits of the sponge to be excellent for getting into small or more detail-oriented areas of the face. At $5 I definitely think it's worth checking out.

9. Now Solutions Refreshing Rosewater Concentrate: I used this for scent in my diffuser and it smells absolutely lovely. It's got a very traditional herbal/plant-like rose scent but I mixed it in with both lemon and lavender and it played well, and softened out a bit, when paired with either one.

10. Incendio Beauty Lipstick Potion in Allure: Unfortunately my lipstick just dried out.

11. Tocca Hand Cream in Stella - Italian Blood Orange: This has a nice, refreshing citrusy scent.

12. patchology Warm Up Best Foot Forward Softening Foot & Heel Mask: Frankly I didn't find that this warmed up more than any other foot mask I've ever used (I usually will put socks over it to enhance its effects) BUT this mask really did softening and smooth out the soles of my feet (shockingly, because many things don't!) although I wore it for an hour, not the recommended 10 minutes. It also left my feet smelling like honey, which I think is a plus, it was quite a nice smell.

13. Bath & Body Works Scented Candle in Happy Easter: This had a nice, cozy, chocolaty scent to it.

14. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea: This is actually my favorite, scent-wise, of the Mario Badescu facial spray collection because, as you folks know, I LOVE tea scents. So good! I find that this has a nice mister on it that refreshes my skin and helps my makeup look radiant.

15. tarte tarteist lip paint in swamp family: This is a really beautiful red but unfortunately my lipstick has dried out and goes on super clumpy.

16. Tocca Hand Cream in Giulietta: This is another cream that I used on the body - I will admit it does a good job of hydration and has a nice, clean, floral scent but I don't think I'll buy it because it's pricey.

17. BROWFOOD Clear Brow Enhancing Gelfix: This brow gel does a great job and combing and holding the brows down without any flaking. That said, I find that it gave me an abundance of stray hairs, so it does work for hair growth, it just didn't work to fill in the patches I have in my brows that are naturally sort of bald. :/

18.Odacite Green Ceremony Cleanser: I have such mixed feelings about this cleanser. Overall, I really like it, it left my skin feeling baby's butt smooth and while it isn't necessarily meant to be used daily, I did with no adverse effects. It smells like a matcha latte which I personally love. However, I found that I went through it in under a month, it's hard to regulate how much you need because it's a powder and, toward the end, it all clumped together at the bottom of the container and I thought ok I'll just add water to it and it'll melt/become slushy and I'll use the slushy to wash my face... no... it just became this weird damp clump with a fish-like odor that was highly unpleasant. Soon after that the cap of mine fell and broke into chunks at which point I took it as a sign that I should just discard the remainder of the product (that there isn't much of).

19. Enesti Apple & Honey Shea Butter Hand Cream: I used this as a body moisturizer and I loved it so much, it hydrated wonderfully and has a lovely scent that reminds me of apple-flavored oatmeal.

20.  Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I find that this primer does a lovely job of smoothing the skin and helping foundation to stay put throughout the day without being drying

21. Sween Lotion Coloplast Hand and Body Lotion: Not gonna lie, I feel like my parents swiped this from the hospital the last time my grandma was there or the hospital gave it away as part of some departure package of care items... either way they gave me it (don't worry, grandma has plenty of doctor-approved lotion!) to try and I figured eff it, I'll review it. This has a nice, readily absorbed gel-cream texture. It's lightweight. Unfortunately if you're super dry, like say on the soles of the feet, this doesn't do enough. That said, it did great on my legs and I love its texture.

22. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt: I really loved this stuff as a scalp scrub because it was intense and that meant it stopped dandruff and product buildup in their tracks. Plus this tub lasted me nearly a whole year, the product is not at all cheap but I feel like it's worth the investment.

23. Bath & Body Works Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Coconut Lime Verbena: This scent is such a throwback and it's a nice tropical scent. It's a nice soap that foams up well.

24. Dove winter care nourishing body wash: I really like to use these body washes for shaving because they hydrate the skin and give my razor a nice glide but because I am lowkey a hairy beast they last a month, unlike shaving gel, which lasts a week so I'm happy to use them and have them.

25. Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Mask in Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts: This is a really nice hydrating hair mask - it left my skin looking smooth and silky without feeling too heavy or weighing my hair down.

26. Indie Lee De-Stress Body Wash: This was a really nice lightly hydrating body wash that smelled strongly of eucalyptus. Personally this isn't scented in a way that I find de-stressing but it does open up the sinuses nicely.

27. Bath & Body Works Scented Candle in Sun-Washed Citrus: This candle has such a lovely, uplifting citrus scent. I really loved it!

28. patchology Poshpeel Pedi Cure: The last time I did this my feet peeled in quite the disgusting and intense manner but were so wonderfully soft after that I've decided to do this again. In my opinion, it is, by far, the best foot-peeling treatment I've ever used.

29. Flower Beauty Light Illusion Luminous Makeup Nude Skin Feel: I really liked this foundation - it gave beautiful coverage and a nice glow to the skin but could also be sheered out. I think that I personally still prefer the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup but this is a close contender. It feels a bit heavier and the L'Oreal is easier for me to get my hands on.

30. Oribe Flash Form Finishing Spray Wax: I used this as a hairspray to tame fly-aways and was told by one of their brand reps that this was an acceptable way to use the product. That said, I found it a bit too heavy for my hair to the point where it occasionally left my hair feeling waxy or oily

31. Supermood Youth Glo Luxury Peel: This mask truly left my skin feeling smooth as a baby's behind but I hesitate to recommend it because, especially at first, it straight up burned my face. I'd be so inflamed after its use that my face would be red for hours afterward. I mean, the mask does warn you that this is a thing, but alas I still think you could get good exfoliation out of gentler products.

32. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Bohemian Escape - Turmeric:  This has sweet, slightly sour scent with just a hint of turmeric. You folks know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. 

33. Crown Brush Deluxe Precision Crease Brush: I really love this brush for, as its name implies, precision crease work or for highlighting the inner corner of the eye but unfortunately the paint chipped off near the ferule and the whole brush sort of fell apart. Given that I've had it for over 5 years I think it's just time to say goodbye.

34Pampers Baby Wipes: As I've mentioned before I use this to wipe surfaces, especially those of my makeup collection, and to remove swatches off my hands/arms.

35. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Sundae: This is a beautiful matte hot pink shade with a blue-ish pearl. Unfortunately mine has dried out so I have to say goodbye.

36. Youth to the People Kombucha Toner + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner x2 (one was a mini bottle): Unfortunately my full-size bottle of this, while only being just about halfway through, decided it wanted to fall and shatter all over the bathroom floor. 😢😭 I actually really enjoyed this product and found that it was a really great exfoliator that left my skin baby smooth. That said I really don't like the way it smells.

37. Christophe Robin Detangling Gelee with Sea Minerals: This product is meant to be used in conjunction with the salt scrub and it does do a fairly decent job of lightly hydrating and de-tangling the hair. That said, I wish it were more hydrating as it is meant to be a follow-up to salt scrub which, truth be told, does tend to dry the hair out a bit.

38. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Fair Beige: I finally tried this to see what all the hype was about and I personally think the hype is warranted - this gives great coverage while being luminous and blendable. In fact it blends beautifully into the skin, creating quite a natural-looking finish while still hiding imperfections flawlessly. I will definitely be picking it up again as I genuinely feel that it is worth the investment. The tube lasted me about 6 months.

39. Nature's Truth 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil: I used this in my diffuser and I find it to be a lovely-smelling, soothing, lavender scent.

40. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day triple detox shampoo: This is quite a gentle clarifying shampoo - I will say, it won't be gentle on color and I find that it can be quite stripping in that regard. However, it's gentle when it comes to the fact that it doesn't dry out the hair or scalp.

41. Boldface Muse Collection Lashes in Thrill Seeker: These lashes are absolutely beautiful and lasted me three weeks (about 15 uses) before getting gunky or gross. They're $10 a pair and I think they are definitely worth the investment. They give a pretty, fluttery, full effect without being overly gigantic.

42. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: I really love this oil as it's super lightweight and inexpensive yet it really makes a difference for my redness and for the texture of my skin. I will definitely be restocking when I run out of my other facial oils.

43. Kat Von D Outlaw Everlasting Liquid Lipstick: This has developed a really odd unpleasant musky scent so I think it's time to part ways.

44. Bath & Body Works Turquoise Waters Deep Cleansing Hand Soap: This soap was alright but, admittedly, the scent isn't my favorite - it's got a hint of cologne to it which makes it skew a bit masculine-ish. I wouldn't get it again.

45. bliss fat girl slim arm candy: Spoiler alert - I didn't use this on my arms - I used this on my legs. I have had this sitting around for ages and since I haven't really been working out lately, especially not my arms, I decided to just use it as a moisturizer. I'll be honest in that it doesn't really do much in the way of toning or firming the skin, especially not long-term, but it moisturizes pretty nicely and is lightweight and non-sticky. It also makes the skin tingle a bit, nothing painful or crazy intense.

46. Aveeno Moisturizing Bar: The reason you won't see a review for this, even though it's technically designed to be used as a face cleansing bar, is because I used it exclusively for hand washing. If you'd ever like me to get another one and use it on my face I'll gladly do so. Now, you may ask why I only used this to wash my hands and the answer to that is that I had a really bad bout of eczema toward the end of February/beginning of March and I knew that this would help soothe and moisturize my hands, which it did. Unfortunately I found that the bar went really quick.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Bioderma, Tocca, patchology (the foot mask), Oribe, Youth to the People, Kat Von D, bliss, and  Christophe Robin products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment