Sunday, April 12, 2020

lune+aster Desert Moon Bronzer, Blush & Glow Palette Review

BEHOLD the lune+aster Desert Moon Bronzer, Blush & Glow Palette



AvailabilityThis appears to have been discontinued.
Would I buy this? I like the palette, but not enough to buy it, if the blush came on its own though that's a different story. Although, Colourpop might have a similar shade in the Super Shock Cheek line.
NotesI'll be honest - when I received this palette I didn't think I'd like it and really thought I'd end up passing it on after I played with, and reviewed, it. That said, I'm pleasantly surprised by how pretty it is. I personally wear all the shades here under powders so they provide a base tone and longevity because, as you all know, I Stan a BEAT face. But if you're someone who likes really soft, natural, makeup this palette is great for all over the face. Because all of these shades have a cream-to-powder texture they can double as eyeshadow and I also like to use the blush shade on the lips. They kind of remind me of the Colourpop Super Shock texture. Without further ado, the colors:
Bronze - This is a soft, luminous bronze shade with a subtle golden pearl. Firstly it looks DARK in the palette and I didn't think it would work on me at all, but it's very sheer. In addition, I also didn't think it would work as a base tone under a contour powder but, because it's subtle, it gives me/my contour shade a nice warmth and isn't shimmery or weird. 
Blush - I'm frankly unsure if I ever mentioned this but I LOVE peachy pink shades with golden pearls, which is exactly what this is. They look good on literally EVERYONE from the fairest to deepest skin-tones and on cool toned or warm-toned skin-tones. You cannot go wrong with a peachy pink and the golden pearl adds the prettiest luminosity. 
Illuminator - bluemercury.com tries to sell this as being rose gold but I personally find that it's just a very subtle golden pearl. Personally, I find this shade disappointing. I mean, I love a blinding highlight, not because it's trendy, but because I like the look of it. This... doesn't do much at all, it's hardly noticeable. I think it might be nice for say, a young girl just starting out with makeup or someone with mature skin that wants to add a glow without emphasizing texture but... it's too subtle for me. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment