Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Fragrance Review: BYREDO BIBLIOTHEQUE

Today I will be reviewing BYREDO BIBLIOTHEQUE Eau de Parfum

Availability: This is available on neimanmarcus.com, nordstrom.com and bergdorfgoodman.com along with their physical store locations. You can also purchase it on byredo.com. It retails at $196 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 ml) or $276 for 3.4 fl (100 ml)
Would I buy this?: I'm unsure. I like how this scent a lot but it's very pricey.
Notes
To quote from fragrantica.com: 
Top Notes: Peach, Plum
Mid Notes: Peony, Violet
Base Notes: Leather, Patchouli, Vanilla, Musk

Smelling it straight out of the bottle... there's a scent that's like new books at a bookstore but also a flower field and I am NOT MAD AT IT.
Freshly applied...I'd say the scent is an odd mix of fruity but also leather but also patchouli but also florals. As this begins drying down I smell mostly plum. I have to say I really love the juxtaposition of  really intense notes with softer, sweeter notes here. 
In terms of wear, I had this on for about 13 hours yesterday and still sensed a hint of the scent on my skin; I'd say it didn't particularly change much since it dried down.

Disclaimer: One of my friends actually gave me this to try out. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment