Monday, April 13, 2020

Mascara Review: lune+aster Eclipse Volumizing & Curling Mascara

Alright folksickles...

Today I will be reviewing the lune+aster Eclipse Volumizing & Curling Mascara in Jet Black






Sans Mascara:


With Mascara:

Availability: This is a Bluemercury exclusive. The retail pricing is $24 for a standard size (9g, 0.32 oz.).
Would I buy this?: No.
Notes: This only comes in Jet Black - I think it's just as inky black as most other mascaras.
Let's go over what the mascara's supposed to do and what it actually does. According to bluemercury.com:  This vegan tubular mascara volumizes and curls for multidimensional lashes that won't smudge, even on your most active days. Using a unique technology, this formula is long-lasting, yet removes easily with warm water!
• 97% saw 12-hour long wear results without flaking or smudging
• 94% saw amplified volume and lift in lashes
• 91% didn’t need to use eye makeup remover*

Alright so I'm sure you can see from the photographs that this mascara delivers what it claims - my lashes have a slightly increased curl (although you can tell they're naturally curled) while also providing volume and length without being particularly clumpy. I like that it's buildable, as most tubing formulations aren't (although you're going to get clumps once it sets so work quickly!) Overall I'd say that I personally like a slightly bolder lash but for "everyday" this is pretty decent. I didn't have any issues with it smudging or flaking at all so if you need something natural looking that stays put this is it.
* Truth be told, as long as I wear the amount of eye makeup that I do, I will never be able to test out a "no makeup remover needed" claim, because even if I don't need it for this mascara I will need it for my eyeshadow and liner, etc. I use a Makeup Eraser or similar microfiber cloths to take my makeup off and then proceed to wash my face (minus the eyes) with a cleanser. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment