Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Moisturizer Review: Biossance Squalane Rose Oil

Today's review will be for the Biossance Squalane Rose Oil





AvailabilityThis retails at $40 for 0.5 oz. (15 mL) and at  $72 for 1 fl. oz. (30 mL) and can be purchased at sephora.com along with its physical store locations; it is also available at biossance.com.

Would I buy this?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com:
What it is: A luxurious face oil that visibly brightens, firms, and evens skin tone.
Skin Type: Normal and Dry
Skincare Concerns: Dullness and Uneven Texture, Dryness, and Loss of Firmness and Elasticity
Formulation: Lightweight Oil
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: This exquisite oil delivers exceptionally soft, smooth, and radiant-looking skin, thanks to the weightless hydration of sugarcane-derived, sustainable squalane oil, brightening vitamin C, firming chios crystal oil, and radiance-enhancing rose oil.
Clinical Results: Based on results of a self-assessment study of 31 women ages 18 to 68, after 21 days twice daily use:
- 97% agree skin suppleness and firmness is improved
- 91% agree skin has a healthy radiant glow
Based on a 28-day clinical study of 40 women ages 35 to 60, twice daily use:
- 32% increase in skin radiance
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. 

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com:
-Vitamin C: Helps increase the look of firmness and leaves skin with a radiant glow.
-Squalane: Hydrates while locking in essential moisture.
-Damascus Rose Extract: Awakens the senses and supports healthy-looking radiance
.

What is the texture like?
This feels like thin, lightweight, oil, it's almost watery and not oily at all.

Is it scented?
This has a faint floral scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
  Ugh I was SO EXCITED to try this. I mean you folks KNOW this is a triple-hitter of everything I love for the skin - rose, Vitamin C, squalane... I'm unsure where it all went wrong because unlike everything else I've tried with those ingredients it didn't make my skin baby's butt smooth (squalane) or reduce redness (again, squalane). It does make my skin glow-y and radiant but I was just expecting so much more and, given that I get better results from less pricey squalane oils, I will not be investing in this. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerThis was provided as a gift with purchase. I am under no obligation, nor am I getting compensated, to post it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment