Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Exfoliator/Toner Review: Youth to the People Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner

Youth to the People Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner











AvailabilityThis product retails at $12 for 1 fl. oz. (30 mL) or at $38 for 4 fl. oz. (118 mL) and can be purchased at sephora.com. and jcpenny.com along with their physical store locations or at youthtothepeople.com and beautypedia.com.

Would I buy this?: Unfortunately I cannot get past the scent of this. 

Notes: According to sephora.com:
What it is: An exfoliating toner that smooths, minimizes the appearance of pores, and firms the look of skin with a blend of eight percent lactic acid and three percent glycolic acid.
Skin Type: Dry
Skincare Concerns: Pores, Dullness and Uneven Texture, and Loss of Firmness and Elasticity
Formulation: Lightweight Liquid
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: Safe for all skin types, this powerful toner is balanced with kombucha black tea and tree bark ferments that work as prebiotics to enhance the skin’s natural microbiome, helping to reduce shine, relieve congestion, and boost radiance.
Clinical Results: After 1 week:
- Appearance of pore size was reduced In an independent self-reporting consumer test of 32 people age 25 to 55:
- Skin looked brighter and more radiant
- Skin looked visibly clearer and more even toned
- Skin felt softer, smoother, and firmer
Clean at Sephora
Clean at Sephora is formulated without a list of over 50 ingredients, including sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, phthalates, and more. For the full list, check out the Ingredients tab.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to sephora.com:
-Lactic Acid 8% and Glycolic Acid 3%: Revitalize dull, dry skin, smoothing skin texture and minimizing the appearance of pores.
-Kombucha Black Tea Ferment: Works as a prebiotic to enhance the skin’s natural microbiome.
-Pichia lysate ferment (Tree Bark Ferment): Firms the look of skin and helps defend skin from oxidative damage.

What is the texture like?
This feels pretty watery and tingles a bit when applied. 

Is this scented?
This has a scent that reminds me of acetone mixed with apple cider vinegar - I don't recommend you mix the two. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Frankly I don't know that I would purchase this because the scent alone is not up my alley, it does dissipate soon after you use the product but regardless... I don't like it. I actually was sent a full-size bottle of this but unfortunately, around the time I was halfway through, the bottle decided to fall off my sink and shatter all over the restroom. I fully understand that glass is sustainable and a good option but it doesn't mix with tile bathroom flooring if the product accidentally falls.
Anyway, in terms of actual efficacy - I WISH this did something to unclog my pores, I'm not even asking for reduced pore size, I'm asking for a reduction of sebaceous filaments and I don't find that this does anything for them. That said, my skin feels silky like a baby's bottom after use and I definitely enjoy that aspect of this product. I personally use it every other night as my exfoliant.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation nor am I being compensated to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment