Tuesday, February 1, 2022

January 2022 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose: As you all know I really love these scrubs. They have a nice, intense scrubby feeling that wakes me up and helps to smooth my skin. This one has a nice rose scent that's a bit of a combination between being sweet and green. 

2. Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial Mist: Ah I am so sad that this has come to an end as I really do love using it as a toner and overall boost-of-hydration refreshing spray. Alas, toward its end it began to smell a bit musky so I think it was really time to part ways (although my bottle is empty). Hopefully this makes a comeback this year. 

3.  BYBI Super Greens Purifying Face Mask: I'm really sad to have fully used up this mask. It did a nice job of leaving my skin feeling deeply cleansed without being harsh or drying. I can't say that it did anything to significantly change the appearance of the sebaceous filaments on my nose, which is truly what bothers me most outside of my redness but alas, I still really enjoyed using this mask.

4. wet n wild Breakup Proof Waterproof Eyeliner in Ultra Black: Overall I found this to be a pretty decent brush-pen style eyeliner at the drugstore. That being said, it doesn't give me the precision that I like right off the bat and had a bit of a learning curve when I first began using it. It's fine and I'd get it in a pinch but it wouldn't be my first choice.

5Eminence Organics Mangosteen Revitalizing Mist: This mist smells absolutely delicious, feels refreshing, and leaves my skin feeling soft. That being said I bought this because it allegedly is made to be pore-refining and I was hoping it would make some sort of difference with the sebaceous filaments on my nose but alas, no such luck. 

6. Duo Brush-On Adhesive with Vitamins: It was that time for me to replace my lash glue, I like to do it every three months because my eyes get dry and crusty, especially with all the weather changes of hot inside, cold outside so I figure changing products I use around the eye area frequently is a good idea. The brush on this is fraying also. 

7. L.A. Girl lash building Mascara in Brown: This is a good basic mascara that gave my lashes really nice length and volume. That being said, if my eyes got even a little watery this transferred and smudged all over my under-eye area. I mean the mess was easy enough to remove with a little water but overall this was just ok.

8. beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover Pad x2: I purchased these to use on my feet since my local CVS, unfortunately, was closing and out of the liquid remover. These work fairly decent and do a good job of removing my nail polish. I'm able to get both feet done before it dries. That being said the pad is a bit thick which, overall, is not bad but it's difficult to get it around the cuticle area to remove nail polish there. 

9. OVERTONE Purple for Brown Hair Coloring Conditioner: Overall, out of the "for brown hair" coloring conditioner, I found this to be the most ineffective. The only time I saw that this made my hair purple was under direct sunlight and only a few strands. I genuinely think you need to be medium to dark blonde at the darkest for this to show up purple. If anything, I found that this left my hair cool-toned. I wish that my hair really would have been the purple that the formulation is because I really wanted purple in my hair again. Alas. 

10. now essential oils in peppermint: There are multiple reasons I really like this oil. Firstly it helps keep my sinuses open. I got really sick toward the middle of January and using this in my diffuser was really helpful. In addition, rodents really dislike the scent of mint so if that's an issue for anyone out there, periodically sprinkling your living space with peppermint cannot hurt. 

11Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango: As you all know I really love these scrubs. They have a nice, intense scrubby feeling that wakes up me and helps to smooth my skin. I'm not really sure if this one was a little bit off but its scent was really intense to the point of making me a little bit sick. I'm unsure if the scent the use was merely undiluted or what. 

12. Fourth Ray beauty body milk in Avocado: Honestly I am glad to have used it up. While I really enjoyed the fact that this smells like an avocado shake, I really feel like it doesn't provide enough hydration. Especially for the wintertime. 

13. dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment: I found this to be just alright, especially when used as a lip balm. It feels more like a cream vs something meant to hydrate the lips themselves, which makes sense because it's meant to treat lines around the lip area as well, but its texture isn't hydrating enough for the lips themselves in my opinion.

14. KORRES Renewing Body Cleanser in Cashmere Rose: I am so sad to have used this up and so glad that I have another bottle because this just smells absolutely incredible! It's such a warm, cozy, comforting sweet rose scent. One I highly recommend rose scent enthusiasts try. It does a great job of leaving my skin feeling cleansed without feeling stripped, tight, or dry.

15. Eylure London x Jasmine Brown in Jaybee: I really love how these lashes strike a balance of being intense yet enhancing both my eye shape and the eyeshadow looks that I do.

16. it Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores: I only had a sample of this and honestly it wasn't enough for me to tell you if it does anything to minimize pores or sebaceous filaments. That being said, this is a 10% glycolic solution and I haven't used glycolic acid in a while so it stung quite intensely. I would say the sensation of it stinging dissipated within a few minutes but it wasn't fun putting it on my face. Overall my skin did feel softer after I used this but I wouldn't go out and get it.

17. KORRES Santorini Grape Velvet Skin Drink: I like that this gave my skin a hit of hydration but it left my skin with quite a strange texture that other products wouldn't go nicely on top of.

The following products all developed and off-scent and hence don't have further explanations as to why I'm discarding them. 




23. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove: I'm so sad about this, it's such a pretty color!

24. Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored: This is another one I'm very sad about because it's BEAUTIFUL but it smells like urine now so... that's not right.

25. Colourpop Just A Tint Lip Crayon in A Go Go: I'm sad that I finished this because I love these lip tints but alas, it is fully finished.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the  L.A. Girl, it Cosmetics, Korres, and dermalogica  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment