Sunday, September 19, 2021

Mask Review: BYBI Super Greens Purifying Face Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the BYBI Purifying Face Mask.

Availability:  This is available at target.com along with its physical store locations - although store inventory varies so you might want to call the store before making the trek there. You can also purchase this at revolve.com and bybi.com. The retail pricing varies from around $20-$24 for 60 ml (2 oz) of product.

Would I buy this again? Yes.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bybi.com:
Super Greens is a powerful purifying face mask that brings skin back to balance. Packed with detoxifying and nourishing natural actives, Super Greens calms stressed-out complexions, whilst balancing oil production and helping to clear breakouts.
A gentle yet powerful base of kaolin clay and spirulina clears pores and draws out impurities, without stripping or drying the skin. The combination of superfoods, tomato and broccoli, means that skin won’t just feel clearer but restored and hydrated too.
Super Greens uses sustainable active ingredients, including locally-sourced kaolin clay from Cornwall, UK and broccoli seed oil that is cold-pressed, minimizing the energy used during extraction.
Super Greens is packaged in our fully recyclable, carbon-neutral, sugarcane tubes. Its carton is also fully recyclable and made from FSC approved, sustainably sourced wood pulp.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bybi.com:
BALANCING
A gentle, deeply cleansing base of white clay (kaolin) and spirulina helps to clear congestion and draw out impurities. Kaolin purifies the skin, without drying it out and disrupting the skin's moisture levels. It helps keep pores clear and clean by effectively removing any build up of oils.
PURIFYING
Spirulina is the source of its rich green colour, a powerful antioxidant that helps purge skin of toxins.
NOURISHING
Jojoba, tomato and broccoli seed oils leave skin feeling hydrated, soft and smooth. Rich in omegas and fatty acids, they help condition skin and maintain a healthy moisture barrier.


What is the texture like?
This has a thin clay mask consistency. 

Is this scented?
This has a slightly sweet, earthy scent with just a hint of "green" herbaceous-ness. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
So I have to say that I bought this at my local Target because I went in there looking for a mask to help clarify the skin. I bought this completely on a whim without looking at any reviews or anything merely because the ingredient combination sounded like it would do the trick for me without being drying. I am happy to report that this doesn't dry out my skin at all. In fact, when I rinse it off, my skin feels really nourished and soft. In addition, it doesn't feel dry or tight as it sits on the skin either which is fairly common with clay masks and it rinses off really easily. I'm pleasantly surprised! Perhaps the best, and most surprising, thing of all is that in addition to leaving my skin feeling cleansed and nourished, this also significantly reduces the redness I often complain about. I am not currently using a squalane oil but I can only imagine that the combination of the oil and this mask would just work wonders for the redness I constantly complain about. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment