Friday, February 11, 2022

Essence Review: COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be on the COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence.

A
Availability: This product retails anywhere from $16 - $24 for 100 ml (3.38 fl. oz.) and is available at ulta.com, iHerb.com, stylevana.com, amazon.com, yesstyle.com, and cosrx.com.

Would I buy this again?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?
According to cosrx.com this is what the product is and what it does:
Multi - acting enhancer for dull, rough skin!
What it is: Formulated with 95% Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, this essence helps nourish and hydrate the skin, and over time making it appears more radiant and clear.
WHY IT'S SPECIAL:
Brightening & Hydrating properties:
Galactomyces ferment filtate is the key ingredient that helps brightening tired and dull looking skin while delivering hydration and antioxidants to the skin.
Adds extra moisture to your skin:
Hyaluronic acid and panthenol also maintain the skin hydrated and smooth by holding moisture inside the skin.
The lightweight serum:
Texture absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving the skin smooth and supple without feeling greasy.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate: Has brightening properties.
Niacinamide: Helps reduce redness and regulates oil production in the skin, making pores appear smaller.
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate: Hyaluronic acid holds up to 1000x its weight in water, helps hold hydration in the skin.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as being ever so slightly thicker than water. 

Is it scented?
This has an extremely faint, fermentation-type scent but given how light it is I don't really smell it when I use the product. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Technically this product is meant to be a more wallet-friendly version of the SK-II Essence but given that I have never had enough of the SK-II to use on a daily basis (I only had samples and wasn't swayed into paying the money for it) I can't say how they compare. The reason I purchased this is because I wanted a toner-type product that would be hydrating, given that my skin has been feeling dry and a bit rough lately. I love products that brighten and hydrate so this was really up my alley. Thus far I've been using it for a little under a week and have been enjoying it thus far. I can't say my skin is particularly clearer or brighter but I definitely feel that little boost of hydration when I put this on my skin after cleansing and I really appreciate that. It gives me that nice boost without being heavy and lays down nicely under other products like serums, moisturizers, and SPF.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment