Thursday, February 3, 2022

January 2022 Arrivals

Ok folksickles! Look at me for a change, pretty much only buying essentials. 

1. DECEIM Mini Haul: So I have a friend who came to me speaking of her skincare woes and honestly I knew The Ordinary would have something for her but while I was on there ordering her Christmas gifts I decided to pick up some things that I've been meaning to try myself:
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG - My friend Donna swears by this and I want to try it as a booster serum for my Trader Joe's Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream because, while I love the texture of the eye cream and that it hydrates, I feel like this will give it depuffing and brightening qualities.
The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane - Ok the reason I went with the 0.5% is because my skin tolerated the Maya Chia The Straight A Advanced Gentle Retinol Treatment Facial Oil with no problem and while I'm unsure of the retinol concentration in that one, I figured 0.2% might be a tad bit low and the 1% might be too high given that I haven't used retinol in a few months since my Maya Chia ran out. But as you folx know I love my The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane so I figured this would be a good marriage of the two. As much as I loved the Maya Chia it's not in my budget right now so I figured I'd try a more budget-friendly option.
The Ordinary Buffet Serum - I hear great things about this serum and I remember when I tried it out on my hand once, my hand felt like a baby's butt so I've been meaning to try this for years. I figured it would make a great daytime serum in conjunction with the retinol at nighttime.

2. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner Review x2 : Quite frankly I needed to replenish on eyeliner and this is my very favorite at the drugstore so I had every intention of looking for it but when I saw they were having a buy one get one deal, well, I just knew I should grab two because what a deal! I feel like I lucked out.

3. Duo Brush On Adhesive: So I typically replace my eyeliner and lash glue (and mascara) at the same time just to remember to switch all those eye products I use frequently at the same. Hence I picked up another tube of this. The brush on my current one is starting to fray a bit so I'm excited to use this new one.

4. Kosassport Chemistry Deodorant in Serene Clean: I'm running low on deodorant and one of my friends suggested I give this one a try. Frankly I am a little afraid of this containing AHAs mostly because I shave my armpits and I'm not looking for my poor pits to burn when I put deodorant on. That being said, I decided to give it a go. It smells really nice!

5. Garnier green labs Smoothing Milky Wash Hyalu-Melon: Cleanser is another thing I've been running low on so I decided to give this a try. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything listed above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment