Saturday, January 29, 2022

Cleanser Review: GARNIER green labs Smoothing Milky Wash Hyalu-Melon

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the GARNIER green labs Smoothing Milky Wash Hyalu-Melon

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $8 - $10 and can be purchased at cvs.com, target.com, and walmart.com along with their physical store locations that carry the brand (you might want to call before showing up there if you really want this specific item) along with garnierusa.com. 

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is this product designed to address?

According to garnierusa.com:
For dehydrated skin, fine lines
Removes makeup and impurities for smooth, glowing skin without the tight skin feel for bouncier skin over time.
Garnier Green Labs Smoothing Milk Wash is a gentle milky facial cleanser. This soft and indulging formula, with Watermelon and Hyaluronic Acid, removes makeup and impurities, and works to improve dehydrated skin and fine lines for skin that is smoother and bouncier. This vegan facial cleanser is suitable for all skin types and skin tones, allergy tested & dermatologist tested for safety and suitable for sensitive skin. No sulfates, microbeads, parabens, or dyes.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid: Is able to hold 1000x its weight in water, helps increase moisture in the skin by binding water.
Watermelon Fruit Extract: Watermelon contains Vitamins A, B, and C which aid in giving the skin a glow. It is also rich in water and has a hydrating effect.
Coconut Acid: Has antimicrobial properties.
Salicylic Acid: Exfoliates the skin, helping create a smoother texture.

What is the texture like?
Despite this being called a "milky" wash I'd describe its texture as being that of a soft, hydrating gel that foams up lightly.

Is it scented?
This has a slightly sweet, fruity, yet clean scent. I'd say it smells like an aloe-scented item mixed with a watermelon-scented item.
 
My overall experience/comments on the product:
Despite only having used this twice so far I have to say I wanted to be more impressed than I am. This doesn't foam up a lot, which you all know is a thing that I don't love in cleansers and thus I feel like I have to use more product than I normally would to produce a foam that I like. Generally speaking, it is alright and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft after use but I will not be going out to purchase it again.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment