Thursday, January 27, 2022

Serum Review: The Ordinary "Buffet"

 The Ordinary "Buffet"

Availability:  This is available at ulta.com, sephora.com, and deceim.com along with their physical store locations. It retails at $16.80 for 1 fl. oz. (30 mL) or at $30.20 for 2 fl. oz. (60 mL). 

Would I buy this again? I'm not sure yet.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to sephora.com:
What it is: A multi-peptide, lightweight, water-based serum that targets multiple signs of visible aging at once and is great for those looking for solutions for signs of aging and supporting visibly healthy skin.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines/Wrinkles, Dryness, and Loss of Firmness/Elasticity
Formulation: Serum
Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens, formaldehydes, phthalates, mineral oil, oxybenzone, coal tar, and sulfates SLS & SLES. It is also vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1 percent.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to sephora.com:
-Matrixyl 3000 and Matrixyl Synthe-6 Peptide Complexes: Help to reduce the look of lines, wrinkles, and surface irregularities.
-Hyaluronic Acid: Supports hydration and acts as a delivery system to enhance skin exposure to actives.
-Syn-Ake Peptide Complex: Improves the look of lines and wrinkles.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, watery feel to it. 

Is this scented?
I'd describe the scent of this as being lightweight and just ever so slightly sweet, kind of like a very diluted sugar syrup. I don't notice a scent when applying it to my face.

What has my experience with the product been like?
This review is a first impression of the product given that I've been using it for under a week. I'm running low on serum and have been wanting to purchase this for a while now. In addition, I wanted something I could use during the daytime without any AHAs or irritating ingredients so this seemed perfect. Thus far, I feel like it gives my skin a nice boost of hydration and leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and supple. As I always say, I'm glad to do updates if you'd like, or I will do a full update whenever I finish it up in an empties post.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment