Thursday, February 10, 2022

Farmacy Very Cherry Clean makeup meltaway cleansing balm Review

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for Farmacy makeup meltaway cleansing balm in Very Cherry Clean

Availability:  This appears to have been discontinued. 

Would I buy this again? Honestly I think I would.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to farmacybeauty.com:
What It Is
A pink, cherry-scented limited-edition version of our Green Clean cleansing balm! This nourishing makeup cleansing balm gently melts away stubborn makeup and impurities caused by pollution, without stripping skin. Cleanse effortlessly and indulge your senses with this balm-to-oil formula that smells like summer!
Infused with acerola cherry. Our newest, juiciest, farm-fresh ingredient is one of the richest sources of vitamin C found in nature! This antioxidant-rich tropical fruit helps brighten, firm and hydrate skin.
Melts makeup + pollution residue. Sunflower and moringa seed oils gently remove even the boldest eye makeup and long-wear foundation without stripping or drying, leaving skin hydrated and silky smooth. Moringa extract lifts away dirt, grime and impurities from pollution.
Gently exfoliates. Papaya extract gently exfoliates to retexture skin and reveal a youthful glow. Never harsh, it’s safe for all skin types, including dry and delicate skin.
Ready for travel. A unique makeup cleansing balm, it stays solid (no spills!) until it melts into a silky oil on contact with skin, which means it’s carry-on friendly and ready for travel.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Well we already know Vitamin C brightens, lightens, and tightens the skin; it also has antioxidant properties. 
Moringa Seed/Oil Extract: Has antibacterial properties, is meant to be preventative against breakouts and clogged pores.
Papaya Extract, Turmeric Extract: Have anti-inflammatory properties.
Sweet Almond Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil: These contain Vitamin E and thereby has antioxidant properties, they're also  lightweight hydrators.
Glycerin: Draws moisture to skin.
Melia Azadirachta Extract: Has antiseptic and anti-acne properties.
Eclipta Prostata Extract: Has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Soybean Extract: Has anti-inflammatory and collagen-stimulating properties.
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties.

What is the texture like?
This starts off as a very lightweight balm that turns into an oil when warmed up in the hands. 

Is this scented?
The scent of this is very distinct and smells exactly like the cherry stuff they used in the mid 90s/early 00s in dentists' office on kids - I think it was tooth polish but I'm not sure. This smells EXACTLY like it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
You all know how much I love my wondergloss beauty Makeup Assassin: 2 in 1 Makeup Remover and Oil Cleanser and I've seen some people recommending this but since it's slightly pricier I was always hesitant but figured, given I'm a product junkie, what if I'm missing out on something really great? I've only used it twice thus far and I can already tell you I am impressed. I don't need a lot of product at all and it really dissolves my waterproof eyeliner no problem at all and it also removes lash glue residue! Which, frankly, is a rarity in makeup removers. In addition, this has a softer scent and doesn't leave behind an oily residue the way that wondergloss does. I still double cleanse when I use this but I can see why someone who's lazy and has dry skin maybe won't want to because, like I said, it rinses clean with pretty much no oily or balmy film. The only negative I have for this is that, like other cleansing balms I've used in the past, this leaves a temporary film on my eyes that takes a few minutes to go away after I've used it. Other than that, color me impressed. If this jar lasts me a few months and I don't go through it quickly I will definitely be picking up more. It seems like they release these in fun scents every once in a while.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment