Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Exfoliator Review: Aveeno Positively Radiant skin brightening daily scrub

Aveeno Positively Radiant skin brightening daily scrub

Availability: This product retails anywhere from $3.50 - $7.50 and can be found in 2 oz. , 5 oz. , and 7 oz. sizes and can be found at most drugstores that carry the Aveeno brand.

Would I buy this again? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to aveeno.com:
Product Overview: Reveal brighter, more radiant skin. Pure, radiance-boosting soy extract meets naturally derived granules to gently exfoliate, cleanse and clarify. Rebalance your skin’s tone and texture with this moisture-rich formula, gentle enough to help you scrub your way to smooth, luminous skin every day.
Evens skin tone and texture
Brightens dull skin
Soap-free
Gentle enough for everyday use
Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
Uses soy, jojoba oil and castor oil
Good for: Sensitive skin
Texture: Moisture-rich scrub

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to aveeno.com:
Spotlight ingredient

Soy Extract
Soy, one of nature's most effective ingredients, evens tone and texture while enhancing natural radiance.

What is the texture like?
This has a thin liquid texture that I would describe as being that of a gel cleanser with sporadic exfoliating particles in it.

Is this scented?
This has a fresh, clean scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I purchased this because I used to use this literally ages ago as my daily cleanser because I had read some article somewhere that had said that exfoliation helps close up the pores on your nose and had oily skin at the time. This product was great for that given how gentle it is but what I've learned over that time is those "pores" on my nose are filled with mostly sebaceous filaments and getting rid of them entirely is impossible, I'm the only person bothered by them because, generally speaking, they're not that noticeable; and finally, my skin is too sensitive, especially now that it's dry, to be exfoliating daily. Even though this product is probably genuinely gentle enough to do so, I still wouldn't use it daily. That being said, given that I'm used to a more intense physical scrub it feels like this is more of a cleanser versus an exfoliator and while it leaves my skin feeling really hydrated and looking glow-y I'm unsure that I'd repurchase it.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment