Friday, December 26, 2014

Lorac The Royal 3D Liquid Lustre Set Review

Today I'll be reviewing the Lorac The Royal 3D Liquid Lustre Set
Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Damn right I would.
Notes: There has been quite a bit of hype going around on the Youtube about these and I've been meaning to try them out but when a deal THIS good popped up (they're normally $16 each!) I just had to. I mean... I had to. Had... to! Now, to me they get close to living up to the hype, but aren't quite there. Some difficulties I encountered are that a drop of product on a brush is too much if you're trying to foil it over powder shadow, it'll get messy. I prefer to do a drop on the back of my hand and dip my brush into that. Secondly, the glitter separates out from the liquid and all you have to do is shake it up, that said, try and make sure that the dropper has no product in it as it can get clogged  by the glitter residue and then need some work to clean out. Other than that, these are pretty nice - I like the concept of the glitter being in a liquid base because you don't have to worry about having a fixant or mixing medium for the glitter and thus can wear it worry-free all day. It sure looks purdy! :)
24K is a bright shimmering yellow-gold. It's a very classic holiday color and makes it easy to incorporate glitter into all your holiday looks this season. What's a holiday look without glitter? I really love this on top of matte yellow eyeshadow. 
Rose Quartz is stunning over black. THIS is my favorite! It's full of gold and pink shimmer. Absolutely gorgeous and festive. :D
Opal is a white glitter with a pretty blue-turquoise iridescence. 
Amethyst is a color that only looks complex - it's largely silver sparkle with hints of plum and purple. The liquid base of this is a deep purple and might show up better over a purple or a white eyeshadow. It is quite pretty though. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment