Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette 2 Review

Black Friday 2014 brought about the sale of this palette and since I'd been eyeing it since its launch I decided to just go for it. So prepare yourselves.
AvailabilityThis palette retails at $39 for 8.8g and is available at ulta.com and khols.com as well as their respective physical store locations along with loraccosmetics.com
Would I buy this again? Yes! I really like how it's relatively different enough from the Mega Pro palette that I could have both.
NotesThe palette contains 16 shadows, 8 of which are matte/satin and 8 which are pearly/frosty. They are absolutely beautiful in their textures and work well with one another. I haven't had an issue with pigmentation or anything of that kind. This is a tad more cool-toned but I like how there's a few actual colors in here other than just all neutrals and that they're not all silver/taupe like Naked 2 is. For whatever reason warmer toned neutrals are more aesthetically pleasing to me in palettes. :I
Buff - a soft fair flesh-tone that's a little more on the golden side.
Lt. Brown - a soft milk chocolate shade that's very smooth and well-pigmented.
Cool Gray - I'd say this is more of a taupe with a strong gray undertone.
Nectar - a soft, light blush tone that would literally make a very pretty understated blush. 
Plum - I love how this is a purple and not a brown because I know plums have somewhat brown/burgundy undertones but to me they're mostly purple and this captures that perfectly; it's a deep, rich, slightly reddish aubergine. I love it. 
Navy - so navy is my mermaid winter shade, it's dark but it's still blue and nautical and this just... it's so hard to get a matte blue shade that's this perfect and buttery, *drool* Honestly, this was one of the main colors I wanted this palette for because I don't really have much in the matte navy department and this is on point.
Charcoal - a true charcoal, gunmetal gray. 
Black - a rich black, I feel like it's a tad more of a charcoal/soft black versus the inky black in the Mega Pro palette.
Snow - a frosty pure white.
Beige - a soft, slightly pinkish champagne shade.
Rose - a beautiful soft rose gold. 
Mocha -  a reddish mid-tone brown, almost plummy but not quite. 
Chrome - I love colors like this for my eye color, it's a taupe-meets-mauve, it's purply, gray, pinkish all in one and just gah... so multi-dimensional and pretty. 
Silver - a beautiful soft, true silver. 
Jade - this is an absolutely gorgeous, almost jewel-toned deep olive/army green with soft gold micro-shimmer all throughout. Another color that I really wanted this palette for and I am not disappointed in the slightest.
Cocoa - like Jade and Chrome this looks like a nice but not so dimensional color in the palette until you swatch it, then the magic happens. This is a deep plummy brown with gold and pink micro-shimmer that just give it dimension and a gorgeous shine. I love it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment