Tuesday, August 4, 2020

July 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P
Sheet Masks Galore:
Saborino Premium Morning Mask White Strawberry: Alright, I know you're used to me using a bunch of sheet masks and the reason I haven't been reviewing them the way I used to is because there's a whopping 28 masks in this container. Now it's designed to be used for a minute in the morning but that's not how I do so I decided to see what would happen if I used them as I normally do with a sheet mask - as in, after whatever treatment mask I'm using, for about 20 minutes. This approach still worked great but seeing others' reviews the one minute thing works. I just think it's a waste because the mask remains moist for the full 20 minutes, why not give your skin that time to make friends with the serum. These masks aren't my favorite because they're a bit small and thin, also the strawberry scent is a bit artificial. That said, if you have a more petite face and perhaps more combination or oily skin, these might be up your alley. They're a great deal.

2. Bath & Body Works Shower Gel in Wild Honeysuckle: If you've been following this blog for any length of time you already know I absolutely adore this stuff! It smells like the Catskill mountains during the summertime. Just a wonderful, floral, nostalgic sent. 

3. Laura Mercier Caviar Volume Panoramic Mascara: This is a great volumizing mascara that fans out the lashes beautifully while combing through the lashes, leaving them intense-looking yet non-clumpy. Obviously it's not comparable to wearing falsies but I did like it while I had it.

4. Sephora Collection Fairytale Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hr Wear Waterproof: Unfortunately this is just completely dried out.

5. Christophe Robin Hydrating Melting Mask with Aloe Vera: This is a very hydrating mask that makes my hair feel super replenished and silky without being overly heavy or weighing down my hair in any way. It has a scent that I would describe as being very soothing, sort of like a slightly toasted, nutty, milky scent. I'm sad to have used this up as I really enjoyed the effect it had on my hair. 

6Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This was the first scent I had ever gotten and certainly does have a nice, sweet mango scent to it.

7. Makeup Geek Full False Lashes in Graceful: I really liked these lashes because they're very soft and a bit natural-looking while also giving plenty of oomph. They don't compete with any type of look that you do, but still give the eyes lots of definition,  which is nice.

8. Stila Periwinkle Smudge Stick: Unfortunately another eyeliner that's just completely dried out.

9. Saint Jane Luxury CBD Beauty Serum: This is an incredibly hydrating, rich face oil. It's supposedly anti-inflammatory but unfortunately it didn't do much for my redness. That said, if you're looking for an oil that feels luxurious that will have a lot of hydration to it, this is a good one to check out.

10. fresh Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum: This is a very hydrating serum that makes my skin feel very silky - I find a little bit (3 drops) goes a really long way. This has a nice, soft, floral  yet somewhat cucumber-y rose scent.

11.Youth to the People Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial: This was a really great exfoliating mask that left my skin feeling very soft and smooth after I used it. It gave my skin a really nice glow.

12. Makeup Geek Full False Lashes in Fearless:  A really nice pair of thicc, voluminous lashes.

13. Gucci Flora EDT: As you all may know this is my favorite perfume of all time and I am so sad to have used it up entirely. I've had this bottle for many years now and it's good of me to have used it up, as I can buy a fresh one. But alas, I'm so sad that we have to part ways for now.

14. Bath & Body Works PocketBac in Ocean Citrus: This has a really nice fresh, citrusy scent to it.

15. ORLY Won't Chip Chip Resistant Topcoat: Unfortunately this has gone dry and thick; it also didn't really prevent my nails from chipping so I'm unsure that I would repurchase it.

16. Duo Quick-Set Striplash Adhesive: Overall I found this did set slightly quicker than other lash glues but I wouldn't purposely seek it out for being faster to dry. It does a pretty decent job of keeping my lashes glued to my eyes.

17. Revive Masque de Radiance Brightening Moisture Mask: I found this mask to be really hydrating and it gave a nice brightening effect but that said, I think it's super pricey for what it is and what it does.

18. BYREDO BIBLIOTEQUE Eau de Parfum: I really loved this fragrance because it's so multi-faceted; it's floral yet has that antique library feel to it where you get hints of paper, leather, and flowers. It's light because of the florals but heady because of the base notes. I really enjoyed my little sample.

19. Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum: To be honest I didn't love this fragrance mostly because it was mostly musky smelling. Musk is just not a scent that I really go for unless it's mixed in with other things like florals. Alas.

20. Odacite Ac+R Acai-Rose Youthful Glow Serum Concentrate: This is a really hydrating oil but I can't really say that the glow it gives my skin is just because this is an oil or because it's genuinely doing some sort of anti-aging magic as I personally don't really have many signs of aging yet.

21. Stila Peacock Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner:  Unfortunately mine is completely dried out.

22. dermalogica calm water gel: This is a really cool moisturizer in the sense that it comes out as a gel-balm texture that turns watery when you rub it into the skin. It's definitely great for the summertime as applying it feels super refreshing and provides nice burst of hydration.

23. LIPSMART Lip Treatment: This lip balm smells super yummy and leaves my lips really smooth, pillowy, and soft. I just feel like it's pricey for what a lip balm.

24. Phyto Paris Phytomillesime Color-enhancing mask: This is a really hydrating hair mask that leaves my hair feeling smooth, silky, and manageable.

25. fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum: This is a really yummy, citrusy scented face serum that gives the skin a nice burst of hydration and glow. I really enjoyed using it because it smelled so good and left my skin feeling smooth and looking radiant.

26. Tarte Waterproof Amazonian Clay Cream Shadow in Beach Bronze: This is a really pretty amber bronze shade. Unfortunately it's completely dried out.

27. Odacite Po+R Pomegranate-Rose Geranium Hydration Serum Concentrate: So, given that this is an oil, I'm sure that most of its hydrating benefits come from that fact alone. The geranium gives it an odd earthy aroma that I, personally, don't enjoy.

28. Odacite Bl+J Blueberry-Jasmine Cell Energy Serum Concentrate: Much like the serum above, I found that this is really hydrating because it's an oil. That said, I'm genuinely unsure if it's doing anything for my skin's mitochondria - as that's the energy-creating part of the cell. Perhaps in skin that's aging this might make a noticeable difference - back in ye olden college days I remember watching a video that said that people who had more mitochondria in their cells tended to look younger, however; those mitochondria numbers were increased via exercising and moving the body - not by a serum, although I don't see how hydrating the skin to keep it looking youthful would hurt.

29. Softsoap Coconut Gentle Wash: I've switched over to Softsoap as my shaving body wash and I find it's more emollient/foamy yet less hydrating in comparison to Dove. That said, this smells absolutely delicious and left my skin feeling soft.

30. Face Values Pure Castile Soap in Coconut: This doesn't really have a coconut scent but I purchased it to wash my brushes with and it does a good job of leaving them clean and soft. That said, I still use my beautyblender soap for brushes that I've used cream products with, as that soap breaks down cream and liquid makeup better than this does.

31. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose:  You know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub. This has a really pretty soft floral rose note to it.
 
32. Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal: This is a really beautiful shade but unfortunately it has dried out.

33. Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Wild Honeysuckle: You know I love my nostalgic honeysuckle scented things. This is a rich body moisturizer that leaves my skin feeling super soft.

34. L'Oreal Infallible Flash Cat Eye Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: This is a great, precise, long-wearing eyeliner with a brush tip.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Laura Mercier, Saint Jane, Gucci, fresh, Revive, BYREDO, ELLIS BROOKLYN, Odacite and Christophe Robin  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment