Saturday, June 11, 2011

Perfume Review: Gucci Flora

Today I will be reviewing Flora by Gucci

Availability: I was able to find this product on the following websites: bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com,  macys.com, sephora.com, neimanmarcus.com and their physical store locations. It is also available on fragrancenet.com (they sell fragrances discounted and are Ebates eligible! You could save money AND get cash back, mhhm :) ), gucci.com, amazon.com, and ebay.com. This is also available at the aforementioned department stores' physical locations. The standard department store prices are as follows:
1 fl. oz. EDT: $65
1.6 fl. oz. EDT: $80
2.5 fl. oz. EDT: $105
1 fl. oz. EDP: $74
1.6 fl. oz. EDP: $97
2.5 fl. oz. EDP: $118
Would I buy this again?: Yes.
Notes I received a sample of this with my Sephora order last year and knew I had to have it. This is, hands down, my favorite perfume of all time!!!! It's appropriate for day or night and any season. A gorgeously sophisticated yet flirty fresh floral.
To quote from sephora.com, here are the fragrance notes:  
Citrus Accord, Peony, Rose, Osmanthus Flower, Pink Pepper, Sandalwood. 
Smelling it straight out of the bottle I cannot discern most of the notes, I pick up on a bit of the pink pepper - it's ever so slightly spicy/zingy but everything else is floral and sweet. When sprayed on myself, I still pick up on the pepper, but it's weaker, as the scent first starts drying down I pick up on a strong citrus-y note - which I can only guess is the Citrus Accord - it smells like orange blossom to me with a mixture of other florals in the background.  In addition, although I pick up on sweet notes, the perfume does a wonderful job of having a fresh, floral, and invigorating feel without going into cloying sweetness or being fresh/clean.
I love this perfume thus far and hope I don't get sick of it, it's perfect in every way and I can feel confident wearing it anywhere.
      
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I received this as a holiday gift :3 The initial sample was included free with something I paid for. I don't let the fact that something's free influence my opinion of it. That said, I do let the fact that this perfume smells divine alter my opinion of it. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment