Monday, June 6, 2011

Perfume Review: Elizabeth Arden Green Tea

Today I will be reviewing Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray 
Availability: I was able to find this product on the following websites: macys.com, target.com, fragrancenet.com (they sell fragrances discounted and are Ebates eligible! You could save money AND get cash back, mhhm :) ), elizabetharden.com, amazon.com, and ebay.com. This is also available at the aforementioned department stores' physical locations. 
The standard department store pricing is:
1.7 fl oz - $29.50 ($11.49 at target.com)
3.3 fl oz -  $39.50
Would I buy this again?: Yes, possibly a smaller bottle (that said, it's only a $10 difference between the 1.7 and the 3.3 :/)
Notes
I actually bought this perfume for my mom, she let me use it so I can include a review for this week and later just gave it to me because she no longer likes it. Overall, the scent reminds me of a fancier version of The Healing Garden's Green Tea (a drugstore brand which I think is now discontinued... alas :( )
To quote from elizabetharden.com, here are the fragrance notes:
  • Top Notes Caraway: Fruity Rhubarb, Lemon, Orange Zest and Bergamot
  • Middle Notes: Cool Minty Peppermint, Green Tea, Sweet Jasmine, Spicy Carnation, Fresh Fennel and Crisp Celery Spice
  • Base Notes: Oakmoss, Musk and Amber
Smelling it straight out of the bottle I pick up mostly on mint, green tea, and a bit of fennel. Freshly sprayed on myself, I pick up on the mint, but it smells very sweet - more like a spearmint than a peppermint, which is totally cool because peppermint makes me nauseous, I'm also picking up on a sweet green tea note as well as something flowery, which I think is jasmine as well as some citrus notes, most notably a sugary lemon. In addition, although I pick up on sweet notes, the perfume does a wonderful job of having a fresh, clean and yet relaxing/tranquil feel while still being sweet (which is why my mom likes it, she hates my personal penchant for sweeter, fruity notes).
I  really love the bottle design, it's simplistic, tranquil, and beautiful. I might pick up one of the spin-offs. Green  Tea Mimosa, in particular, sounds really interesting.


Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I bought this with my own money (as a gift for my mum :P).

No comments:

Post a Comment