Sunday, August 23, 2020

Fragrance Review: Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum

Today I will be reviewing Ellis Brooklyn MYTH Eau de Parfum



Availability: This is available on sephora.com, ulta.com, macys.com, jcpenny.com, credobeauty.com and bluemercury.com along with their physical store locations. You can also purchase it on ellisbrooklyn.com. It retails at $30 for 0.33 fl. oz. (10 ml) or $100 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 ml).
Would I buy this?: No.
Notes
To quote from fragrantica.com: 
Top Notes: Bergamot, Ambrette, Cassis
Mid Notes: Orchid, Pink Lotus, Jasmine
Base Notes: Patchouli, Musk, White Cedar 

Smelling it straight out of the bottle, there's a musky floral scent.
Freshly applied, all I smell is musk and cedar. As this begins drying down the floral bouquet really starts coming forth, I can definitely get hints of all the flowers mentioned in the notes, and it actually smells really pretty at this point. Unfortunately, I find that when it completely dries we're back at the musk. In fact it really reminds me of a lighter, more sensual version of the Fresh White Musk scent from Body Fantasies.  I just personally don't love smelling super musky. 
In terms of wear, I had this on for about 12 hours and, shocker, all I smell is musk!

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment