Friday, July 1, 2022

June 2022 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder: This alleges on the back that it's meant to blur fine lines and wrinkles but I honestly find that it makes me look drier and more wrinkly than I actually am. It also has a very intense odor to it. I feel like I had it in the past and liked it but I can't say that it was enjoyable to use this time around. I probably won't be picking this up again. 

2. Christophe Robin Cleansing Mask with Lemon: I used this mask as a co-wash type of mask in conjunction with the Hair Oil with Lavender and it left my hair feeling very hydrated, silky, yet refreshed and clean. While I personally prefer the clean feeling I get from traditional hydrating shampoos, this was a nice once a week treatment to help hydrate my hair. I definitely feel as though my hair is healthier in having used this but I don't know if I want to put in the effort of doing the treatment again.

3. berkley jensen unscented baby wipes: As mentioned in the past I like that these wipes stay moist (I do keep them in the packaging upside down so the liquid goes from the bottom to the top when I flip it over to use it) and are great for wiping down surfaces and makeup, as well as removing makeup swatches when I take photos for the blog. I also like to add a little rubbing alcohol to these and wipe down surfaces when I go to the laundromat because people let their kids into the carts and onto the tables in the shoes these kids are hanging around outside, stepping into all kinds of dirt in and I don't want the extract of that nastiness on my clean laundry so this is certainly a helpful measure.

4. the Creme shop 3D Faux Mink lashes in Lolita: These lashes look really full and pretty but honestly I find that lashes that are longer in the center like these are difficult to trim in a way that looks cute - I guess the best way would be to trim pieces from both the inner and outer area so the center remains longest and it's a less awkward look. In addition, I found that it was very difficult to get the corners of these lashes to stick down. 

5Cortizone 10 Intensive Healing Formula: Honestly I've been using this a lot lately because my eczema has flared up. I am happy to say that I find cortisone creams really help to soothe and clear up my eczema patches in combination with a more hydrating eczema cream.

6. pixi skintreats Makeup Fixing Mist: I liked this setting spray okay. While it did the job of feeling refreshing and generally helping my makeup stay in place - both face makeup and eyeshadows that I used wet with it, I just wasn't blown away with it in any sense. I wish this smelled like roses but unfortunately it doesn't - it just has a very faint perfume-y scent.

7. beauty blender Bounce Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation in 2.10: Overall this is a nice foundation but given that I only had these bubble samples and this was the lightest one in it, I think the shade isn't quite right for me; it's a tad bit too dark and yellow and, if I was to purchase this, I think shade 1.50 is the one I'd go with just guessing off the chart on the back of the cardboard this came with. This is a full-coverage, lightweight foundation with what I'd describe as being a natural matte finish - meaning that it looks like healthy shine-free skin, it isn't powdery or overly flat - overall I prefer something with a more dewy finish but the wear is comfortable and it truly is long-wearing like it claims. I had this on for just under 12 hours the other day and wore it in humid, hot conditions underneath a mask and it stayed put beautifully except for around my mouth. I did eat so I can't really blame the foundation for having moved in that area.

8. Dr. Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Oil: This is a really great scrubby sugar body scrub that, even though it's called "coconut oil" doesn't have a super prominent coconut scent (it's toasty and light) and is hydrating without an oily feeling. It rinses cleanly and doesn't leave a residue behind.

9. The Ordinary "Buffet": Honestly, I'd have to use this long-term to say if this does anything regarding aging because, as of now, I don't have any prominent signs of aging I can comment on. This serum feels really hydrating and gives my skin a nice boost of hydration while leaving it feeling really smooth, which I enjoy. 

10. Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Glow Foundation in 1-N95 Fair: Frankly, the amount provided in this little sample wasn't even enough to tell me if this matched my skin well (because it just kind of blended away into sheer nothingness) let alone if I liked the foundation or not. I'm disappointed because a luxury brand like Givenchy can afford not to be cheap with their samples but of course they are because they want to seem "exclusive." 

11. Dove renewing peony & rose oil body wash: This body wash smells INCREDIBLE and leaves my skin feeling super soft and silky. As always, I really like to use these body washes for shaving because they're hydrating and provide a nice glide for my razor.

12. the Crème shop 3D Faux Mink Lashes in Tea: These lashes are very pretty and have a nice elongating effect. That being said, they are unfortunately a pain to get glued down to the eyelid nicely as they like to pop off at the corners.

13. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: As we all know this oil remains a holy grail in my collection and while I'm sad to have finished up this bottle, you already know I've replaced it with another.

14. Trader Joe's 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil: Honestly it's strange to put this into an empties post because I essentially only use this to clean my air conditioners but on the rare occasional I'm afflicted with athlete's foot I find that tea tree oil helps kill it off.

15. COVERGIRL Trublend Undercover Concealer: I honestly didn't love this concealer the way I wanted to. It's high coverage but sets in a way that I feel looks sort of cake-y. 

16. Trader Joe's Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream: While this is in no way "supremely" hydrating I did really like the way that it hydrated my eye area. This is lightweight and plays nice with makeup, even when I put it on my lids (I have lid eczema so I could use the extra hydration) it hasn't caused my eyeshadow to crease.

17. PACIFICA Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream: This BB cream has been truly a bizarre product. I liked it at first because it gave my skin a nice glow and was buildable but after a while this didn't want to play nice with the primer I was using anymore so I started using it without a primer, because it says it doubles as a primer. Well, my old sunscreen ran out and I started using a different one and this didn't play nice with that either, so I had to go back to using primer. Overall, this has a strange texture in terms of what it feels like it plays well with versus not and the coverage it provides is too light for my personal taste. I will not be getting it again. Additionally, I wish this had an SPF in it because, well, it would make sense for this to have SPF as a multi-purpose product.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Christophe Robin, pixi, Givenchy, PACIFICA, and beauty blender products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment