Friday, March 4, 2022

Concealer Review: COVERGIRL Trublend Undercover Concealer

COVERGIRL Trublend Undercover Concealer in Light Ivory

AvailabilityDue to the drugstore nature of this item I am seeing the price point range anywhere from $4-$12 for this item (I suppose it might be on sale at some places). It is available at drugstores that carry the COVERGIRL line.

Would I buy this?: Probably not.

What is it supposed to do?
Quoted from covergirl.com:
COVERGIRL Trublend Undercover Concealer is an all day wear full coverage concealer with a velvety, matte finish. That's right—conceal, shape and brighten with our new under eye concealer! This easy-to-apply formula will help you cover hard to hide skin imperfections like dark circles. Find your perfect shade among thirty (30) shades that match 99% of skin tones! FULL COVERAGE - Covers hard to hide skin imperfections like bags under the eyes and dark circles | CONCEALS BAGS - This full coverage concealer is designed for all day wear, making it perfect for long days at work or late nights out | 30 SHADES - Find your perfect shade among thirty (30) concealer shades that match 99% of skin tones | FLUFFY APPLICATOR - Ensures an easy, even application | CRUELTY FREE - We do not test our products on animals.

Does this come in any other shades than the one pictured above?
This comes in 30 shades, as mentioned above. 

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I'd say this is a fairly full coverage concealer with a natural finish, it's neither matte nor dewy and just looks like skin.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Glycerin, Urea: Attract moisture to the skin's surface.
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties.

Is this scented?
This has a  faint, paint-like scent that, frankly, I only notice if I'm smelling the applicator directly. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I've seen reviews where people have compared this to Tarte Shape Tape and I'd have to disagree. In my personal opinion, this has a somewhat more matte finish to it in comparison. Overall I'm pretty happy with this concealer. It has a nice finish to it, stays put throughout the day (I wear makeup for around 8 hrs/day), and covers up my under-eye darkness/discoloration as well as the redness on my face; it also blends out really easily. My only complaint is that this shade is a tiny bit too light for me but I ordered it through the Flip Fit app so it's hard to predict what it would look like in person - "light ivory" sounds like the kind of color that usually works for me which is why I went for it. 

What do I use to apply the product? 
I apply this with my Colourpop Silicone Blending Sponge.

I feel like this review is as thorough as it gets but please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment