Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February 2022 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. theraWell pink grapefruit Essential Oil: I bought a set of these to use in my diffuser and I find that this is ok but its scent is a bit faint. In addition, it smells distinctly citrusy but I would be hard pressed to identify the scent as being grapefruit. It's nice but I don't have particularly strong feelings about it.

Unfortunately the following two lipsticks just smell like crayons and really off so I feel its best to discard them:


4. Stila Magnificent Metals Liquid Eyeshadow in Smoky Storm: Unfortunately this has completely dried out so the glitter just flakes all over my face instead of adhering to my eyelids.

5. Seche Vite dry fast top coat: Unfortunately this has come to an end so I have purchased new top coat to replace it. This makes my nails really shiny and I like the gel-like look and texture it provides. That being said, it does cause nail polish to pull away a little at the tips of the nails when it's drying.

6. Nature Republic Hand & Nature sanitizer gel in Rose: I'm sad that this has come to an end as it smells absolutely delicious and left my hands sanitized without any goopy or drying feeling. 

7. Caudalie Instant Detox Mask: Honestly I did like this mask years ago when I first used it but it's just too drying for my skin now. It feels uncomfortably dry and tight as it dries on my face to the point where I get irritated by it. I also don't notice a significant change in terms of sebaceous filaments in my nose when I use this and give that it's my main issue in terms of using a detox mask for it, I won't be purchasing this again.

8. Trader Joe's enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 15: I really liked this moisturizer, it gave my skin a nice boost of hydration and went on nicely underneath tinted moisturizer. That being said, I wish it had a higher SPF, as a pale person I feel like 15 is nowhere near enough.

9. Clinique Go-Go Pop Lacquer Lip Color + Primer: For whatever reason this has developed an odd earthy, musky scent that reminds me of mushrooms and given that it didn't smell like that before I feel like the safest option is to discard it.

10. beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover Pad x2: I purchased these to use on my feet since my local CVS, unfortunately, was closing and out of the liquid remover. These work fairly decent and do a good job of removing my nail polish. I'm able to get both feet done before it dries. That being said the pad is a bit thick which, overall, is not bad but it's difficult to get it around the cuticle area to remove nail polish there. 

11ORLY Bonder Rubberized Basecoat: I am pretty much out of this in my bottle, it's gotten down to the bottom where it's difficult to pick it up and apply it onto my brush. I have replenished because I like it a lot.

12. Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Frankly, I really dislike the musky, masculine scent of this but when I started using this, my hair was so damaged that I was willing to tolerate it. This mask is pricy but if your hair is damaged it's amazing for restoring hydration and vitality. I'm sure my hair thickness has improved by a combination of things - I haven't had it bleached since 2019, I started taking prenatal vitamins, I'm using the Ordinary's hair serum so I can't attribute it to any one product but this certainly made my hair feel nice as it was recovering.

13. Tree Hut Vitamin C Shea Sugar Scrub: I really loved this scrub, as I do most Tree Hut scrubs because they feel scrubby and invigorating to use. This has a really yummy sweet-yet-tart scent that I really enjoyed.

14. Kara Beauty Fabulashes #3DFauxMinkLashes in 51: These are a really beautiful pair of dramatic lashes and I had fun wearing them.

15. Garnier Fructis Style Flexible Control Hairspray: This is my all time favorite hairspray - personally I use hairspray specifically to avoid flyaways and static so I don't need anything high hold that tends to make my hair crispy and sticky. This is super lightweight and does the job while keeping my hair soft and touchable. 

16. Dove renewing peony & rose oil Nourishing Body Wash: It should come as a surprise to literally no one that this is by my far my favorite of Dove's scent offerings and I'm always happy to use it because it makes me smell delicious. This is a great hydrating body wash and I love to use it for shaving my legs and pits.

17. Virtue Curl Conditioner: This genuinely enhanced the curliness of my hair and left it feeling very hydrated and easily manageable. That being said, my ends still feel a tiny bit dry when I was using this and I would personally say it's one of Virtue's heavier conditioners. I honestly like what it did for my curls but I'm not 100% that I'd purchase it again.

18. Juvia's Place I Am Magic Concealer: This is a product that I am genuinely so sad to be out of. This concealer is just absolutely incredible. It's very full coverage, has a beautiful natural yet slightly dewy finish to it, blends gorgeously into my skin, and lasts forever because you're given quite a generous amount. I highly recommend giving it a try and will eventually replenish on it.

19. ProBeauty Essentials Faux Mink Wispies: These lashes a re a bit hard to get the hang of because they seem to want to just jump off the lash-line or not glue quite to where the lash-line begins. That being said they're a very pretty lash that gives great length and volume. 

20. Colourpop no filter loose setting powder in soft pink: I am so sad to have used this up! This had a nice brightening effect on my skin and left my skin with a very perfected, diffused appearance. It set my under-eyes very nicely without moving or creasing throughout the day. 

21. Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water: I've had this bottle for quite a while and there's still about a third of it left but it simply no longer dispenses product so unfortunately I have to part ways with it.

22. e.l.f. Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist: This setting spray did keep my makeup on and it smells like green tea which I like but it doesn't quite have the setting spray finish to it that I personally like. 

23. wondergloss beauty Makeup Assassin: 2 in 1 Makeup Remover and Oil Cleanser: This is a great makeup removing balm and I'm sad to have used it up entirely.

24. Face Values Natural Castile Liquid Soap in Lavender: I purchased this because it was cheaper than Dr. Bronner's and I figured I might as well give it a try for washing my brushes. It works great at getting my brushes clean and leaving the bristles soft. That being said, the lavender scent is quite strong and kind of cleaning-product-esque so I don't think I'll be getting this scent again. 

25. Colourpop Silicone Blending Sponge: This sponge worked alright and I think is kind of a neat concept given that it's a brush with a silicone core enrobed in regular sponge material. That being said I prefer the feel of a softer sponge. I feel like this performed no better than any other makeup sponge that I've used.

26. Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream: This is a really nice, hydrating eye cream. I really love how long it's lasted me and think that it's a great value item that works really nicely as well if you need hydration.  

27. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Exotic Bloom: I really loved this scrub, as I do most Tree Hut scrubs because they feel scrubby and invigorating to use. This has a really yummy sweet floral scent.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the  L.A. Girl, it Cosmetics, Korres, and dermalogica  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment