Saturday, March 5, 2022

BB Cream Review: PACIFICA Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

Today's review is for the PACIFICA Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream in Shade 11.

AvailabilityThis retails at $16 and is available at target.com and ulta.com with potentially their physical store locations (I would call to make sure) along with pacificabeauty.com and vitacost.com.

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from pacificabeauty.com, shall we?
Think sheer moisturizing tint with benefits. A true multitasking miracle that hydrates, primes, illuminates, and perfects, leaving a sheer bare skin finish. Specialized mineral pigments that instantly adjust to your skin shade allow one color to work for many. The sheer application can be built up for just the right amount of coverage, while helping diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven tone.
Great worn alone if a natural look is what you want.
Ingredients We Love
Floral stem cells
Coconut water
Hyaluronic acid
Available in 3 shades: Light (Shade 11), Medium (Shade 6), & Dark (Shade 3)
Formulated without talc, parabens, phthalates or mineral oil

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 3 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a light to medium, buildable coverage with a soft, slightly dewy finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Floral Stem Cells: Protect against sun damage and can help prevent wrinkles.
Hyaluronic Acid: Is able to hold 1000x its weight in water, helping to hydrate the skin.
Coconut Water: Contains Vitamin B2, B3 (niacinamide), and Vitamin C; also contains hydrating properties.
 
Is this scented?
This has a faint paint-like scent mixed with a faint floral scent that reminds me of lilacs.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Feels very lightweight
-Nice, buildable coverage
- Very natural finish, looks like healthy skin
Cons:
- EXTREMELY limited shade range
- oxidizes (I can personally disguise this with concealer and powder but if I was wearing the product on its own, that would be an issue).
Honestly I wish this didn't oxidize because if it was either available in a slightly more fair, pinker shade or just didn't oxidize to be a bit orange on me I genuinely think I would love it and think it was the perfect sheer but buildable product to throw on to even out your skin-tone. I'm also shocked that despite being a BB cream this has no SPF in it.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Total Face Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment