Thursday, July 21, 2022

Mask Review: Fourth Ray Beauty Super Fine pore refinining Mask

 'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Fourth Ray Beauty Super Fine pore refining Mask.

Availability:  This is exclusive to colourpop.com and fourthraybeauty.com where it retails at $16 for 50g (1.7 oz.).

Would I buy this again? Possibly.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to fourthraybeauty.com:
Simply pore-fect.
✨ What it is – Instantly purify your skin with this rich and creamy clay mask! Its unique formula is massage-activated to transform from a minty green to a sunny yellow hue as it refines skin, minimizes the look of pores, and gently draws out impurities.
💛 Why we luv it - This pore-perfecting mask softens and balances skin, leaving it clarified, hydrated, and refined with visibly smaller pores. Plus, it features a soft pineapple fragrance for a sweet n’ fruity aroma!
🍍 Why you need it – It’s powered by Pineapple Extract, a multi-beneficial skin superhero rich in Vitamin C and bioflavonoids to renew skin, Kaolin Clay to absorb impurities and refine skin, and Niacinamide, a form of Vitamin B3 known to perfect pores and enhance skin clarity.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to fourthraybeauty.com:
Pineapple: Multi-beneficial skin superhero that is known to be rich in antioxidant Vitamin C and bioflavonoids to renew skin for a smooth, healthy-looking complexion. 
Niacinamide: Niacinamide is known to help minimize pores, even skin tone, enhance skin clarity, and support overall skin health,  
Kaolin Clay: Kaolin clay is known to absorb impurities and refine skin.

What is the texture like?
I would describe this as a "soft" clay mask; meaning that it doesn't excessively dry out the skin as it dries - it doesn't make the skin feel tight when it's drying. I wore it for the full 15 minutes and it did get a little itchy around my nose around the 10 minute mark but as someone with dry skin who suffers with (what I think are obvious, but are probably obvious to mostly just me) sebaceous filaments and clogged pores around my nasal area, I appreciate that it doesn't make my skin uncomfortable (for the most part) as it dries.

Is this scented?
This smells like room temperature pineapple juice mixed with clay. I would say the scent is alright but despite loving pineapple, I don't love it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
So, as I stated above I really appreciate that this mask doesn't cause my skin to dry out and become tight as it dries on my skin. My skin feels super smooth and silky when I wash this off and I feel like, because it exfoliates a bit due to the pineapple enzymes that moisturizer absorbs better. That being said, I haven't noticed any "pore-refining" - which to me would mean that my sebaceous filaments/clogged pores on my nose would be less obvious. That being said, I've only used this mask twice so I'll have to use it long-term to see how I feel about it.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment