Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Sleeping Mask Review: Trader Joe's Watermelon Overnight Face Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Trader Joe's Watermelon Overnight Face Mask.

Availability: This product retails at $6.99 and is exclusive to Trader Joe's stores. 

Would I buy this again? I'm not sure yet.

What it is formulated to do:
According to the packaging:
Watermelon is way more than just a cool, crisp treat on a hot summer's day. Turns out, this mighty melon welcomes the opportunity to help refresh and revitalize your skin, too! Fortunately for you, we've formulated Trader Joe's Watermelon Overnight Face Mask with a wagonload of watermelon ingredients - watermelon fruit water, watermelon seed extract, and watermelon fruit extract. This hydrating formula contains plant-derived squalane, along with botanical extracts and sodium hyaluronate to leave your skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. What are you waiting for? Go to bed and get glowing! 

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin: A humectant that draws moisture into the skin.
Watermelon Fruit Water, Watermelon Fruit Extract: Rich in Vitamin A, C, and B; helps the complexion appear younger, firmer, and gives a glow to the skin.
Squalane: Has anti-inflammatory, hydrating, and skin-smoothing properties.
Hibiscus Flower Extract: Is rich in Vitamin C and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Watermelon Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Has hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
Orange Peel Extract: Has hydrating and antioxidant properties.
Melon Fruit Extract: Has toning properties and is rich in Vitamin C.
Coffee Extract: Has anti-inflammatory properties, helps boost circulation in the skin which reduces swelling and has a brightening effect.
Apricot Fruit Extract: Has smoothing, soothing, and softening properties.
Jasmine Flower Extract: Has hydrating properties.
Apple Peel Extract: Has anti-oxidant properties.
Lemon Fruit Extract: Has skin-brightening properties.
Sodium Hyaluronate: Helps bind moisture to the skin, is able to hold up to 1000x its weight in water.
Glycolic Acid: Has exfoliating and skin-smoothing properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a slightly balmy, gelatinous texture that feels cooling when applied.

Is it scented?
This has a slightly artificial watermelon scent, reminiscent of watermelon juice mixed with watermelon Jolly Ranchers

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I remember hearing good things about this mask last year but ended up missing out on it so when I saw it in stores again I figured now was my chance! This leaves my skin feeling very smooth and hydrated. I feel that it helped booth smooth out the eczema patch I have on my chin and to soothe it because it was much less red and angry-looking the day after I had used this mask. I will need to use it more long-term to see if I'd like to get it again.
 
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment