Monday, July 4, 2022

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: ColourPop wine & only Pressed Powder Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. 

You can find a look I did with the palette here. These are the looks I created this month:
So as you can see I created some smoky, some colorful, but overall very red looks. So while the last palette I reviewed, the ColourPop main squeeze Pressed Powder Palette, in my opinion was too extreme of a red situation, I have to say that I absolutely love this palette! I wasn't sure, going into it, how I was going to feel and I honestly wasn't in love with it when I did the look for the original tutorial for this palette so I didn't have high hopes and honestly thought maybe I'd pass this palette along. But I am definitely holding onto it! I love the goth, dark red vibes this gives off, I feel like it's a versatile palette that can be toned down for more day-friendly looks, and I just overall really enjoyed the looks I was able to create this time around.  In addition, I am both shocked and pleased to say that none of these shadows stain my eyelids at all. The quality of the palette itself is excellent; the shadows are all buttery, smooth, easy to apply and blend, and have beautiful pigmentation and color saturation to them.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment