Saturday, July 2, 2022

June 2022 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in June :) 
1. Korres Lilac Hyacinth Elasti-Smooth Body Butter: I absolutely adore this body butter! It smells delicious and is incredibly hydrating. You only need a tiny bit to get loads of hydration and silky smooth skin. It even hydrates the soles of my feet and leaves them feeling super soft. This body butter is so funny in that every time I use it I think "what is that yummy lilac scent?" and then realize it's coming from having just applied this body butter.

2. Boheme Haircare Nourish Shampoo: One of my friends got me this for Christmas last year and I absolutely adore it! This makes my hair soft and silky but it also makes it feel very thick and healthy. I definitely think it is worth investing in, you don't need a lot of it at all to get a beautiful lather. In addition to all the things mentioned, despite being hydrating, this is lightweight and leaves both my scalp and hair feeling clean and nourished.

3. pop arazzi Movie Star Quick Dry Nail Color:  Yes, I liked this so much I threw this on my nails again. This nail polish is so beautiful, especially when the sunlight hits it. It is this wonderful holographic, 80s fuchsia, bright Barbie pink that I just absolutely loved wearing! 

4. ORLY Kiss The Bride Nail Lacquer: I haven't used this nail polish in a hot minute and just did a manicure with it last week. I feel like my nails just look so elegant with this on. It's definitely a nice whispery pastel pink that pretty much goes with everything. 
5. Somali and the Forest Spirit: This has been on favorites back in 2020 and I re-watched it this month. Honestly I'm so in love with the story and adventure in this anime. I love many of the characters so much. That being said, I find it both healing and heartbreaking to watch. The world this story takes place in is beautiful, a lot of the characters are fun and friendly but a lot of them are also prejudiced and ultimately it's curious to see if they ever find peace. In addition, it's heartbreaking because the manga had to be put to a close due to the author's poor health and, while from what I've seen, it seems that the author wants to continue to work on the manga when they make a recovery, it remains uncertain and weather or not the anime will ever get a second (or subsequent) season. I'm not saying that as a oh they should work in it type of sentiment, I'm merely saying that it is generally sad and I hope that, whether or not they continue on Somali, that the author does recover.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I paid for the products mentioned above myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment