Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Arrivals - September 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies).  Arrivals will feature items I bought this month that are joining my collection. Without further ado.
1. pop arazzi Nail Color in Denim After Dark (not pictured): So folks September is my birthday month - hi Virgos! CVS sent me a coupon to get a free nail polish and I figured I'd pick up something I didn't have in my collection for the upcoming fall and winter season. I realized that I don't have a navy so I figured I'd pick one up!

2. Sephora Collection Pineapple Sheet Mask: Alright truthfully I partially purchased this because I felt really bad coming in just for my birthday gift BUT I've also been wanting to try this because pineapple IS my favorite fruit after all so... win-win.

3. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai and Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glace: These are included in the Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift this year along with an agave lip balm and lip scrub. I think they're really great shades for everyday and have been wearing Chai a lot lately as I think it's quite fall-appropriate. Chai is a beautiful warm terracotta shade while Glace is a mauve pink neutral.

4. ColourPop No Filter Foundation: I was debating on whether I wanted to pick this up or not as I've heard very mixed reviews but I figured "yolo", as I often do with makeup, and picked it up. So far I've only worn it once in very humid weather and it didn't hold up all that great but I think judging a somewhat dewy foundation in humid conditions is asking for a miracle. I found it held up alright but slid off around my forehead - it did that thing where it gathers in spots. In addition, I find that the color chart on the website is off - I went with the shade I am in Fenty and find that the ColourPop foundation is a bit too pale (!!!!!!) for me. That said I figured it was safer to go a bit too pale and darken up with another foundation or bronzer versus going too dark and looking jaundiced.

5. ColourPop No Filter Concealer: Again, this is a bit too light for me, so much so that even with the brightening/highlighting effect it gives the under-eye area I think it's too much and will cause me to look funny under flash photography conditions. It's also somewhat too matte for my liking - I think had it been more dewy I would've liked it more because it would look more like a highlight versus drying kind of flat. Honestly I will use this up but I won't be picking up another one.

6. ColourPop No Filter Setting Powder: I picked this up because I'm low on translucent powder but haven't used it yet - I like to use loose powders to set my under-eye concealer with, because everything will gather in my little crepe-y bits and eye creases and pressed powder tends to look a bit heavy under there.

7. ColourPop No Filter Sheer Pressed Powder: I picked this up because I'm low on pressed powder as well - I like to use pressed powder to set the rest of my face... I know using two powders is a bit extra and I usually won't bother with loose powder if I travel - I'll just dust on the pressed with a very fluffy crease brush - but either way, I like using a loose under my eyes and a pressed over the rest of my face so I got both.

8. ColourPop Brow Colour: One of my coworkers RAVED about this stuff and while I was concerned about it looking REALLY unnatural because my brows are naturally thick I think it ended up looking REALLY GOOD, colour me impressed. See what I did there? Haha I'm so lame!

9. ColourPop Brow Pencil: A product I LOVED although one of my VERY GOOD HONEST FRIENDS pointed out that me using redhead products on my ashy brows looked unnatural so now I have gone the taupe route. I think that, on me, taupe works because it typically ranges from cool to neutral to ever-so-slightly-warm and works, rather than clashes, with the ashy tones in my brow hair while also working with the red tones that my hair has. In fact, I've found that taupe brows on me look the most natural no matter what hair color I have as I first tried taupe last year when I was wearing a steel blue wig and I loved the look of it paired with said wig.

10. ColourPop Mar Shadow Palette: I have been eyeing this shadow palette for months and kept doing the eye emoji and the Spongebob "I don't need it!" meme at it as well. That said once I knew I was placing a ColourPop order (on  my birthday because I like to live dangerously) and saw this was still available I just HAD TO HAVE IT! I just adore both teal and amber shades so this is super up my alley and while, of course, the teal in the center has my heart the orange to the left of it. O. M. G!!!! I usually don't care for oranges but the gold in it is so glow-y and beautiful. Needless to say I'm glad I sprung for this palette because it's just so gorgeous!

11. BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil Eyeshadow Palette - Rio Edition: My beautiful wife got this for me as a birthday gift and I am living for all the beautiful brights in it. I'm working on my neutral palettes for the next few months but I am SO EXCITED to play around with this! 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything listed above with the exception of the Pop-Arrazi, Bite Beauty, and BH Cosmetics products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment