Monday, October 22, 2018

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: Smashbox #ShapeMatters Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag.
Smashbox #ShapeMatters Palette

Here are the looks I created this month:



















So as you can see I created a bunch of neutral, smoky, and every-day looks using this palette. I have been using the Decide Now! app and playing "Palette Roulette" as inspired by xsparkage and it's been so much fun and takes the guesswork out of figuring out which colors to use every day. I just roll 5 shades and work with them for the most part - sometimes I'll add a blending shade or highlight as necessary. As you may have seen in my Departures post, I will be passing this palette along. Now, the quality of the palette is fantastic and, as you see, the shades blend beautifully together, creating a variety of looks. That said, I just don't feel very inspired with this palette and although the looks differ from one to the next I found that overall the looks I achieved appear very similar to one another. To be completely honest I've only used this palette for the tutorial I did when I initially reviewed it and for this palette-of-the-month series - I don't reach for it and, having used it during September, I'm not compelled to reach for it any more than I was before. I feel like it's better off in the hands of someone who can appreciate it more.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  This palette was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated to, mention it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment