Tuesday, October 2, 2018

September 2018 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of September. :) I'll be honest in that I don't really have many new things when it comes to favorites because I tend to reach for the same stuff over and over lately and haven't been trying a bunch of new things. That said:

1. One Love Organics Skin Savior Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm - I love this product so much because it's not just labeled "multi-tasking" it ACTUALLY PERFORMS all its tasks so well. The main thing to note with it is to use as little as humanly possible - like a rice grain as a moisturizer or lip balm (well, a bit less for the lips) or about two rice grains to remove makeup with - anything more than that and it feels heavy and gross. The good news is this will last forever given how little you need! I'm sure it functions well as a split end mender or cuticle balm but I haven't used it for either of those things. It also smells absolutely incredible - like orange pound cake! Yum! Plus it's completely organic so you can feel good about smothering yourself with it although... I would avoid smothering because you just need so little! 

2. Bath & Body Works Scented Candle in Hot Cocoa & Cream - I just adore this candle for cold and/or rainy weather - it's so cozy! It smells like really good quality hot chocolate with just a hint of salt topped with whipped cream. Perfect for the upcoming chilly season!

3. Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel: This stuff is THE TRUTH when it comes to spot treatments. It gets rid of stubborn acne like nothing else I've ever tried - bringing all the gross gunk to the top where it can be quickly dealt with. I really appreciate that as every once in a while I'll get a painful deep cyst and this really takes care of it for me. It also helps get rid of any little acne bumps or pustules practically overnight.

4. Takaokaya Shizouka Houji-Cha: I absolutely adore this Houji tea, it's very cozy - a roast-y, almost caramel-like green tea. I love Houji any time of year but I feel that its characteristics fit autumn and winter really well.

Disclaimer: I received the One Love Organics and Clinique products for testing purposes. I purchased the rests myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment