Thursday, October 4, 2018

Departures - September 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.
1. Smashbox #ShapeMatters Palette: I will say that similar to last month's palette, I'm not passing this along because I've had quality issues - everything here blends and applies beautifully.  If I'm going to get really nit-picky I will say that the dark, matte eyeshadows are just ever-so-slightly a pain to blend, especially if being used as crease colors. Overall, and I hate to say this, I found the color scheme to be uninspiring and have other palettes with similar colors. I wish there was greater variation, particularly in the color selection. Specifically, I would have liked to see pops of color that are bright, not your typical pinks or purples, even a muted blue or green would've been fun. It is for this reason that I will be passing this palette along. I will say I really loved the eyeshadow part of the included brush and while I suppose I can keep it I think it's best I pass this palette along intact.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This palette was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to, nor am I being compensated for, mentioning this palette on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment