Monday, December 10, 2018

Concealer Review: ColourPop No Filter

ColourPop No Filter Concealer in Fair 02
AvailabilityThis is exclusive to colourpop.com and retails at $8 for 5g (0.176 oz.).

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is it supposed to do?
Quoted from colourpop.com:
Our lightweight, full coverage concealer was formulated with soft blurring pigments to give you a crease-proof, natural matte finish. No filter needed.

Does this come in any other shades than the one pictured above?
This comes in a whopping 30 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I'd say this is a build-able concealer with a full coverage.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Looks like a bunch of silicones, preservatives and pigment to me. :/

Is this scented?
This doesn't really have a scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Similarly to the foundation, if I liked this I probably would put the effort into finding the right shade for me as this particular one is too pale for me - granted, I can make it sort of work but... alas. I find it a bit too matte and, not difficult to blend per-se, but difficult to move around... the edges of this don't blur as easily as something more dewy and emollient. I think, for someone on the drier end, this would fare better as a face concealer than an under-eye concealer but because it's so light on me I can't try it on a blemish or redness because that'll highlight the flaw I'm trying to disguise. While I think this is the type of product that would look great for photography/videography/the gram I think it's too intense for in-person, especially given that it isn't dewy. :/

What do I use to apply the product? 
I apply this with  my Crown brush beauty blender knockoff.

I feel like this review is as thorough as it gets but please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment