Sunday, December 23, 2018

bh Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Rio Edition Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that my wife gave me for my birthday. Now, it's funny that when she gave it to me I'd been wearing neutral makeup. As you may have noticed a lot of my "palette of the month" palettes have been full of neutrals and I've been passing them on because of how uninspired I am by them. Well, this palette hearkens back to the days when I'd just look at a palette and pull colors. It's so colorful and bright, I'm very excited to play with it! Behold the bh Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Rio Edition Palette.


Availability: This currently retails at $20 at beautybay.com.
Would I buy this?: No. 
Notes: I think this is such a beautiful, colorful palette and hearkens back to the days when the 88 palettes were popular. It's just aesthetically pleasing to me to look at how beautiful and colorful it is!
      I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - I don't super love that the colors don't have names especially because I do tutorials and it's difficult to just say "the green" when there's like 6-7 different greens in here.
     I see a lot of people have issues with the colors in this fading and I do find that, with these more generic palettes the colors can fade if worn without a primer. That said, if you wear them with a primer and/or a white base the colors will pop and wear very nicely. Also given the vast majority of the shades here are metallic I'm sure they can be used wet without causing much damage to the shadow.

Without further ado, swatchfest!
A soft, light pink with an intense white pearl.
A bright fuchsia.

A soft yet bright buttery yellow.
I'd describe this color as being either a cool-toned yellow or a warm pale chartreuse with an intense white pearl.
A bright chartreuse green.
A bright turquoise.
A deep, jewel-toned turquoise.
A bright magenta with a blue pearl.
Soft warm pink with a white pearl, slightly warmer in comparison to the first color I reviewed here.

A bright magenta.
A bright, slightly pinkish orange.
A soft chartreuse with a gold pearl.
A cool-toned green.
A bright Caribbean blue. 
A bright deep blue.
A bluish purple.
A bright salmon pink with a pink pearl.
A bright vermillion tangerine.
A bright juicy orange with a golden pearl.
A soft yellow.
A bright cool-toned green.
A bright greenish turquoise.
A bright indigo.
A bright reddish purple.
A lilac pink with a white pearl.
A rich copper with a copper pearl.
A soft bronze.
An olive tone.
An olive-y chartreuse.
A dark seafoam green.
A blackened navy.
A deep lilac purple.
A warm white with a pink pearl - I think this would be a beautiful highlight shade for the face as well.
A rich dark black.
A pinky toned white with blue micro-glitter.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerAs I mentioned, this was a birthday gift from my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment