Sunday, January 1, 2023

December 2022 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion: I adore the scent of this but honestly I prefer this in the actual body butter formula as I didn't find the lotion hydrating enough. It did ok for my legs but it's definitely not enough hydration for my feet.  

2. Suave Professionals rose oil infusion Volumizing Conditioner: I felt that this conditioner left my hair very soft and silky while having a nice rose scent to it. 

3. Maya Chia The Happy Hour The Highlight of the Day: I decided that since I wasn't really using this as a highlighter at the time being and I ran out of my facial oil that I'd use this to replace said facial oil. Unfortunately all I can say about this product is that, if you manage to get your hands on one of these highlighters, you really don't want to let it sit for a while. The pigment completely separated from the oil and would not recombine even when I'd shake the bottle. The dropper also got clogged and while I did unclog it with a pin, it seemed to no longer want to pick up product. I ran through the oil very quickly as it doesn't seem that there was much in the bottle to begin with. Like I said, unless you purchase this and use it all right away I would suggest picking up a different Maya Chia oil, as I have raved about them in the past. Alas, this isn't my favorite.

4. COSRX The Vitamin C 23: While this serum felt refreshing to apply because it had to be kept in the fridge, I didn't find that it did anything worth writing home about for my skin. I really didn't like its scent either. 

5. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub: This is a really yummy scented sugar scrub. It's a coarse grain sugar, which I personally enjoy because I find it invigorating. I like to use these scrubs to prep and smooth out my skin for shaving.

6. AOA studio A+ Glam 3D Premium Faux Mink lashes in Dallas: These are a pretty fluttery, wispy lash but I found that they had some trouble sticking to the inner corner of my eye. Additionally, they kind of lost their shape as I wore them.

7. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Joia Strengthening + Smoothing Shampoo: This shampoo has that beloved Bum Bum Cream scent to it that I just adore. It lingers in the hair and makes my hair smell so good! I also find that this is a very hydrating shampoo formulation - it leaves my hair feeling soft and silky. 

8. Freeman Detoxifying charcoal + black sugar Mud Mask: I like that this is a mud mask that doesn't feel super tight as it dries. I can't say it works amazing for clearing away my sebaceous filament but it makes my skin feel deep-cleansed yet soft and smooth when I use it.

9. wet n wild Rose Addiction Photo Focus 3-in-1 Primer Water: Every time I use this up I'm sad because I really love the way it sets face makeup. I wish they sold these in jumbo bottles that were like 8 oz .of product or something because 1.52 oz. of liquid is nowhere near enough.

10. pixi by Petra skintreats Rose Cream Cleanser Frankly I'm so glad to have used this up because while it left my skin soft, it doesn't really foam up and I am not a fan of its texture or scent. 

11. Fourth Ray Beauty Super Fine pore refinining Mask: This mask was nice in the sense that it left my skin feeling really silky smooth after I used it. That said, I don't find that it helped my sebaceous filaments in any way. 

12. TONYMOLY Intense Care Gold 24K Snail Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA++++: I liked this sunscreen in the sense of it being nicely hydrating without needing the use of additional moisturizer. That being said, it's a bit heavier in texture than what I prefer and I just don't love its scent.

13. innisfree youth-enriched gel cream with orchid: I am sad to be out of this moisturizer because it just worked so beautifully. The only spot that this didn't hydrate fully is my little eczema zone that I frequently complain about. Even so, this did a good job of giving it hydration compared to other products. I love how this is both lightweight and refreshing to apply yet it is deeply hydrating. This leaves my skin feeling plump and soft. 

14. Soap & Glory Heel Genius Hydrating Foot Cream: Honestly I absolutely love this stuff for two reasons. The first is that I often complain that body hydrators don't do enough for the soles of my feet whereas this left my feet feeling very soft and hydrated. I'm on my feet a lot and am prone to callus growth; these calluses make my feet uncomfortable because they get dry and stiff, thereby limiting the natural flexibility of my skin where they grow and giving it this weird numbness that I cannot stand - which is why I often complain that body hydrators aren't doing enough - if I'm lucky they'll hydrate the surface of the sole but do nothing for the callus issue - this hydrated deeply enough for even that callused skin to retain its sensation and flexibility. I'm assuming that is partially due to the AHAs this contains along with its hydrating ingredients. That being said, the second reason I love this is because it's not too heavy, greasy, or irritating to have applied to my legs post-shave - my legs and feet are essentially the only parts I put body hydrators on because usually I use hydrating body washes and those are sufficient for the rest of my body (eczema-prone areas excluded, I use special eczema lotions for those) so to find a product that works beautifully for both is like finding some sort of holy grail. The only issue I have with the product is it's a bit pricey for me to keep replacing - it lasted me about 3 weeks. 

15. AOA Studio A+ Glam 3D Premium Faux Mink Lashes in Jeju: These lashes are really pretty but have a habit of wanting to pop off at the inner corners.

16. berkley jensen scented baby wipes in Refreshing Green Tea & Cucumber: I love these wipes largely because, at 500 to a pack, they don't run quickly. As I've mentioned I like to wipe down surfaces with these and use them to remove swatches on my hands.

17. e.l.f. SKIN Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm: Overall I really liked the smell of this and how it removed a vast majority of my makeup but I wish it did a better job at breaking down lash glue residue. It did alright but I felt that all the rubbing I did ended up irritating my eyes. 

18. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Cannabis Sativa Hemp Seed Oil: This is a coarse grain sugar, which I personally enjoy because I find it invigorating. I like to use these scrubs to prep and smooth out my skin for shaving. I really like its fresh, earthy, green scent - it kind of smells like a forest with a bit of a sugar note. Thankfully it doesn't smell like the kind of weed that people smoke because that scent makes me nauseous. 

19. REN Perfect Canvas Skin Finishing Serum: I used this serum primarily as a primer versus a skincare item - I really liked the boost of hydration it gave my skin and how it made my skin look really smooth under my foundation. 

20. AOA studio Perfect Setting Powder in Brightening: Honestly, I really wanted to like these powders because they're inexpensive but unfortunately they crease under my eyes and I feel like the emphasize texture on my skin.

21. Crown Brushes: The following are all brushes I like to replace on a yearly basis just because they get used so often that they fray heavily and end up changing in shape - for whatever reason more so than my other brushes. My brow brush is a bit broken as well:
Crown Pro C511
Crown Pro C510
Crown Brush C158 Angled Liner/Spoolie

22. Dove restoring coconut & cocoa butters body wash: On the one hand, I really love this body wash because it makes my skin super soft and silky when I shave. That being said, it's thick and leaves quite a nasty residue around the tub.

23. Fourth Ray Beauty Grand Reveal resurfacing overnight mask: I feel like I really liked this mask at first but overall, I find that it aggravates my eczema and is dehydrating to my skin. I personally prefer sleeping masks that add a boost of hydration to my nighttime routine so I will not be getting this again.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Maya Chia, REN, and Freeman products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment