Thursday, September 15, 2022

e.l.f. SKIN Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm Review

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the e.l.f. SKIN Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm

Availability:  This retails at $5 for 0.45 oz. (13g) or at $11 for 2 oz. (56.5 g). It can be purchased at ultabeauty.com and target.com along with their physical store locations and potential at other drugstores that carry e.l.f. It can also be purchased at elfcosmetics.com and flip.shop.

Would I buy this again? Honestly I think I would.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to elfcosmetics.com:
What is it? A solid cleansing balm that melts into a luxurious oil texture that instantly melts away makeup.
Why we love? Cleansing balm easily removes makeup without stripping the skin
Formulated with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and peptides leaving skin feeling plumped with hydration
Leaves skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated
Great for all skin types
Same product, new look
Watch your makeup melt away! It’s solid cleansing balm that melts into a luxurious oil and turns into a nourishing milk texture that rinses off clean. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and peptides leaving your skin feeling silky smooth and plumped with hydration.
All e.l.f. products are free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone. All skincare is also free from sulfates.
All e.l.f. products are Vegan and Cruelty Free.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to elfcosmetics.com:
Hyaluronic Acid – helps hydrate and plump the skin.
Ceramides – to help build up the skin's moisture barrier.
Peptides – helps reveal a more refreshed complexion.

What is the texture like?
This starts off as a very lightweight balm that turns into an oil when warmed up in the hands. 

Is this scented?
I'm unsure how to describe the scent of this - it's clean yet has hints of something fruity and floral in a way that's not cloyingly sweet or overpoweringly floral, it's mostly just the clean scent. I personally really enjoy it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Honestly, I feel like every time I review a makeup remover I come in here talking about how it's impressed me but I have to say - I am impressed. I love that I've found a makeup removing balm that gets rid of lash glue residue and long-wear eyeliner and the rest of the heavy makeup I like wearing at an approachable price point. It cleans my face without leaving residue behind, I don't need a lot of product to get my makeup off, and I love the way this smells. I look forward to using it.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment