Friday, September 30, 2022

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: ColourPop The Mandalorian The Child Pressed Powder Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. 

You can find a look I did with the palette here. These are the looks I created this month:

So as you can see I created some soft, some smoky, green looks. I really love the quality of this palette - the color payoff is excellent, the shadows are beautiful, and they blend well. I feel like it's a good palette going into fall because of its cool-toned yet olive shades, they feel very transitional because with the palette being green, it's still colorful and feels a little spring/summer. I also just happen to love green eyeshadow and it's my birthday this month so maybe I'm projecting but I really feel it can lean more summer or more fall depending on what shades of blush and lipstick you pair it with. I also love the variety of tones here that make the palette feel like it's still mostly green and monochromatic but has shades to contrast and feel like it's giving you versatility. That being said, the darker shades in here, in particular Float Your Crib and Droid Protocol are very difficult to blend and because I just don't see myself reaching for this palette, I will be passing it along.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment